Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,274 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating in Boca Raton probably in 2 months. Please, I need information about elementary schools; private vs public schools in the area. I live in Philadelphia now where public schools are not a good option; that is why my son goes to a private one. Nevertheless, if the public schools are good, I'm willing to try. Private schools are fine we can afford them if they are worth it. Unfortunately, I see there are not Friends Quaker schools in the area; we had the best experience with one in Philadelphia, and we would love to continue with their type of education. Quaker Schools provide a rich and challenging education but also foster the ideals of community, spirituality, responsibility and stewardship. Any suggestion? what about those Montessori schools? Please, advise. Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,327 times
i would love to get info on best elementary and middle school, especially with IB program.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 AM

35 posts, read 66,176 times
ginawfly,

the only IB program for elementary is a school in Boca. It however is a charter school called Morikami Elementary. It is supposed to be a very good school. It however, is a lottery school, but there is also a preferred zone if you do move into one of the preferred areas around the school you have a better chance of getting in.

I believe St. Andrews also is an IB program. That is a private school and is pretty costly at around $21,000 a year. It goes from elemetary to St. Andrews. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any more questions on schools. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach