U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:30 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,961,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
There are some nice neighborhoods, El Cid and etc..
And who the hell can afford to actually live in El Cid?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 02:23 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,352,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
And who the hell can afford to actually live in El Cid?
$1200/month, less then or equal to some similar sized apartments in the upscale communities around WPB.

Sublease apartments for rent or sublet apartment rentals. Sublet apartments to rent rooms for roommates, temporary furnished apartments and housing rentals

Old 12-10-2007, 07:08 PM

398 posts, read 1,358,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Palm Beach Gardens is getting very upscale, downtown WPB is a mixed bag. Mayor Frankel has her problems, I wont' go into detail.

Clematis St. is nothing spectacular anymore, it was 8 years ago, the place to be but now the street is filled with empty store fronts and for lease signs.

City Place is ok, but a lot of places have come and go and more will follow with the downturn in the economy.

Downtown at the Gardens is similar but much bigger.

I would pick Palm Beach Gardens, if I was deciding between the two but that all depends on where your going to work. If your working in downtown WPB, better to live there. There are some nice neighborhoods, El Cid and etc..

Thanks for the info. Does palm beach gardens has those contemporary condos like downtown? or is only townhouses style?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:09 PM

8,377 posts, read 29,680,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Thanks for the info. Does palm beach gardens has those contemporary condos like downtown? or is only townhouses style?
I was just in Palm Beach Gardens. They had some nice high rise/contemporary condos around the Gardens. Very nice, "Feeling" wise Palm Beach Gardens feels as far from Miami as possible while still being in South Florida's clean air and tropical climate zone. However WPB is surprisingly run down in much of the city, as bad as Miami in parts and even worse than almost anything even in Broward for comparisons sake.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
I have seen some not sure if they are identical to City Place, there is a lot of new construction in Palm Beach Gardens. Around Downtown at the Gardens, Midtown and etc. Along PGA Blvd., there is a lot going on.

I would check out these places, some of these newer condo units can't sell so many are renting them out.

San Matera (http://www.sanmatera.com/welcome.html - broken link)

Tenant.com / Tenant.com / YearlyRentals.com - Apartment rentals for tenants. Owners list your property for free. Brokers list your properties for free.

Palm Beach Gardens Condominiums: Luxury Condominiums for Sale in Palm Beach Gardens

Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 13,027 times
I would also recommend Palm Beach Gardens if you're looking for the upscale atmosphere with nice restaurants and martini bars. Downtown at the Gardens has some great options -- Ra Sushi, The Grape, Rosa Mexicano, etc. Also, Midtown (just a couple miles west on PGA Blvd) is an up and coming area too, though much smaller.

You'll definitely find plenty of nice condo/townhouse options in PBG, though it's not exactly a pedestrian-friendly area. You're best bet is to find a place near Downtown so that you can stumble home after downing a few pints at Yard House.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 PM

44 posts, read 147,595 times
Default Downtown in nice

I live in downtown close to City Place. It is very nice down here, especially on weekends. The crime is not bad, I have never had any problems. The only thing I dont like is that it is kind of desolate here at night during the week, but it is hopping Thursday night through Satuday night. There is Thursday night at Clematis which has a few bands playing in downtown on Thursday nights. Then on the weekend, Cityplace is very busy with all the shops and good restraunts and the bands that are playing in the main area. All in all it is a lot o fun living in downtown and there is alwyas plenty to do. It is also very nice being so close to the intercoastal. I like to run/walk along the intercoastal at dusk.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:47 PM

94 posts, read 351,819 times
Thank for those who replied - I ended up in downtown at the edge - that is a seriously nice building with a LOT more room than the buildings in downtown proper. It's not really walking distance but it's only a mile from city place and 1.5 miles to Clematis. Also like the proximity to Palm Beach and the bike friendly streets...

Was not impressed by Palm Beach gardens. Nice shops and restauants but not anything you could walk to and was put off by the Mega apartment developments (ie San Matera). Not too bad if your in your 20's but definately not for the 30-40's set and not upscale at all....

Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 AM

17,288 posts, read 28,161,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Gator View Post
Thank for those who replied - I ended up in downtown at the edge - that is a seriously nice building with a LOT more room than the buildings in downtown proper. It's not really walking distance but it's only a mile from city place and 1.5 miles to Clematis. Also like the proximity to Palm Beach and the bike friendly streets...

Was not impressed by Palm Beach gardens. Nice shops and restauants but not anything you could walk to and was put off by the Mega apartment developments (ie San Matera). Not too bad if your in your 20's but definately not for the 30-40's set and not upscale at all....

Good luck! Another poster on here sometime back was extolling the virtues of "The Edge"... it DOES look like a really modern building. Hope you enjoy your time downtown... Remember, there's free parking on Evernia St. next to "Evernia Hotel," so you don't have to pay for parking garages at cityplace or clematis street.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Gator View Post

You obviously didn't look around too much, Palm Beach Gardens has become more upscale in the past few years and plenty of things for 30-40 somethings, primarily that's what you will see there. Especially golfing, it's also the home of the PGA. Lot's of young professionals live there. Great places to socialize along the intercoastal as well.

Well I hope you enjoy the Edge, it's not really a great location unless you work downtown, personally I would rather rent on Palm Beach being it's much safer. If your on the west side you will be looking at I-95 in the distance and hearing lot's of road noise. Also Tamarind Ave is right to the east, not the bad part but go a little further north and you will see it.

Not much around there other then City Place which draws a lot of kiddies and Clematis which is on life support. Pretty far walk though in a so so neighborhood, just be careful walking at night downtown and get use to boiling your water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach