U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM

8,377 posts, read 29,677,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
just be careful walking at night downtown and get use to boiling your water.
Gheez, you make it sound like a third world city! Although I have commented about the West Palm water before...I went to City Place and the restaurants were offering free bottled water...

I have to agree about Palm Beach Gardens. The way he described PBG sounded more like WPB!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 03:14 PM

17,288 posts, read 28,158,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
You obviously didn't look around too much, Palm Beach Gardens has become more upscale in the past few years and plenty of things for 30-40 somethings, primarily that's what you will see there. Especially golfing, it's also the home of the PGA. Lot's of young professionals live there. Great places to socialize along the intercoastal as well.
The fact is, however, that there aren't any real upscale condos in Palm Beach Gardens. There's the ultra-expensive ones right outside of Downtown at the Gardens (which would be out of the OP's price range)... but other than that, there's really nothing but condo conversions (Fiore, Legacy Place, San Matera) that don't fit the luxury bill. Nice? Yes. Full service building? No.

There ARE nice townhome communities, but it's not walkable distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138
Well I hope you enjoy the Edge, it's not really a great location unless you work downtown, personally I would rather rent on Palm Beach being it's much safer. If your on the west side you will be looking at I-95 in the distance and hearing lot's of road noise. Also Tamarind Ave is right to the east, not the bad part but go a little further north and you will see it.
The good thing about the Edge is that your view to the West is Clear Lake, and you have a "City View" to the East. Tamarind is fine until you get past Banyan. The Kravis Center and Dreyfoos School of the Arts all share boundaries on that stretch of Tamarind. Buildings downtown all have impact glass windows, which makes a good sound buffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138
Not much around there other then City Place which draws a lot of kiddies and Clematis which is on life support. Pretty far walk though in a so so neighborhood, just be careful walking at night downtown and get use to boiling your water.
Palm Beach County water IS terrible. I remember in college the environmental researches testing water in Jupiter, and telling everyone that there were high levels of some certain chemical that entered the body through steam (i.e., showers).

Old 12-18-2007, 04:38 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,960,960 times
I personally am a huge fan of the water here.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM

94 posts, read 351,794 times
Opinions vary..

I'm a long term resident of florida (18 years) before leaving the state in 2000. What i saw in pbg is typical suburban sprawl - a couple of nice places but sprawl nonetheless. And living in an apartment like San matera is not an upscale existence.

Downtown is plenty vibrant convenient to my work, the airport, the beach (great windsurfing 5 minutes away) the breakers, ritz carlton, farmers market, thursdays in the park, etc. I can hop on my bike and get a quick 30 miles in in relative safety from traffic - and oh yeah i have a 270 degree view of the city, atlantic, port, and airport from the top floor of a modern full service building

whats not to like???

When I buy I'll likely buy in PBG (600K won't get me on Palm Beach) but renting there is not an attractive proposition

Last edited by Dallas Gator; 12-18-2007 at 07:25 PM..

Old 12-18-2007, 06:33 PM

94 posts, read 351,794 times
ps no road noise on the city side 15 floors up...

Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 PM

4 posts, read 12,529 times
I am moving to Palm Beach Gardens for a job from Boston. I am divorced, female, 50. Any suggestions on a rental in that area???

Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbee6 View Post
I am moving to Palm Beach Gardens for a job from Boston. I am divorced, female, 50. Any suggestions on a rental in that area???

Sure, what kind of digs are you looking for?

There are plenty of townhouse developments in the area, newer apartments and condos, etc.... and, of course, what is your price range? Help us narrow down the options!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 PM

I am looking for a 2 bedroom apt..price range $1000 - $1500. Someone mentioned Mia Flores apartment as a nice one. My biggest concern is someplace safe.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbee6 View Post
I am looking for a 2 bedroom apt..price range $1000 - $1500. Someone mentioned Mia Flores apartment as a nice one. My biggest concern is someplace safe.

Palm Beach Gardens is safe overall. Just don't live in the "Woodbine" development, which is very near Riviera Beach = bad! So, with safety and niceness in mind, I'd steer you East of I-95. You have a huge selection! You will need an afternoon to visit them all:

Mira Flores is close to the Gardens Mall, but I think it's one of the older apartment developments:

Two bedroom apartments with carport (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/520659618.html - broken link)

Just down the road and basically right on the Gardens Mall complex (past La Posada, which I THINK is a retirement community) from Mira Flores is a newer apartment complex I toured but can't remember the name!

Down the road a bit towards Jupiter is "San Matera":

2/2 with Sunroom Third Floor (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/533958028.html - broken link)

The "Legacy Place" apartments are really convenient to shopping, dining, etc. ("real" stores!):

LEGACY PLACE HUGE 2 BEDROOM HUGE KITCHEN & STORAGE (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/532729198.html - broken link)

Fiore (again, all of this is in the same general good, safe, upscale area):

Desireable 2/2 @ Fiore ... Gated ... Close to the beach (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/528269210.html - broken link)

Abacoa Town Center is in Jupiter, but literally right across the street from Palm Beach Gardens (North of Donald Ross Rd. is Jupiter, South of Donal Ross is PBG):

ABACOA 2 BR $1125 A MONTH CABLE INCLUDED (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/511578580.html - broken link) (Elevator building above shops and restaurants).

If you want to expand your options, there are townhomes in your price range as well:

Evergrene: LOVELY TOWNHOME IN EVERGRENE (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/532728096.html - broken link)

Abacoa: 2.5 ba-1 car gar ^^^ GREAT DEAL ^^^ ABACOA TOWNHOME ^^^(59) (http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/apa/529128199.html - broken link)

And please, nobody downrate me for "spamming real estate links!" I'm trying to provide illustrations and am not a realtor!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Thank you so much..sounds like I have lots of options and that this is a good area. Are all folks in Florida as helpful as you are !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach