Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:56 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,642 times

Advertisements

Victoria Groves-Shoma Townhomes
the directions are attached at the bottom, basically it's north of the mall on 441 and in/part of the Victoria Groves subdivision. Some one told my husband that it's ghetto in there, low income.
Please anyone who knows?????

View All 8 Photos

LocationWellington, FL, 33414, Palm Beach County
Development—Sub-Div
Shoma Townhomes @ Royal Palm Beach
TypeVilla Attch/Half Dup
GEO AreaPB24F S
Lvg SqFt1,932Ttl Sqft

Property Notes

Remarks: Unit and Carpets will be professionally cleaned. Great Floor Plan. Bedroom & Bath on 1st Floor. Eat In Kitchen and Separate Dining Room. Great Location, close to Wellington Mall. Convenient for Dining. Excellent Schools.
Directions: South of Southern on W Side of 441 into Victoria Groves, R into Townhomes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 12:15 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
Probably not where you want to be after being in Alden Ridge...
Did you sell your home?

Old 10-09-2009, 01:47 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,734 times
Not a good choice, for multiple reasons:

-Section 8 accepted so use your imagination.
-PBIA Flight Path
-Location off of 441 is very busy and congested.

They have a lot of issues with crime and vandalism.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:42 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
I showed a unit there and while we were typing in the code to get in car plowed right through the gate. Thought that was pretty interesting to say the least.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,642 times
thanks. yes I drove in there today. Stopped a man getting out of his car and asked him about the demographics. He owns but rents the unit so he didn't know for sure but was giving off a 'vibe' to me....and mentioned section 8 renters being multiple.

that was it for me!

we are under a solid contract right now as of last Sunday. inspection is Monday and we are concerned about the appraisal coming in (or not).

my husband is really stressing about finding a place to rent for our duration here in FL...we looked yesterday at 3 places, Winston Trails (2) and one in Quail Run (I think?) off Congress south. All nasty dirty, needed paint, stained carpets dated, one had NO ceiling fans but in the family room w/no outlets even for fans in the bedrooms. needless to say, my husband was disappointed. what do these owners who rent out think? don't they atleast get the notion to 'clean' the place, 'clean' the carpet first, and a fresh coat of paint? atleast one coat?????

he is not looking forward to renting for 18mos in what we've seen recently that's out there.....less than what our house is, which is very nice and clean. we just can't conceive how some people live in dirt and squalor. yikes.

we have found some nice places to rent but who knows if they'll be available when we are free to put down a deposit (if that happens) in no sooner than a few wks.

what will be will be! now, if only my husband could wrap his head around that and stop stressing! (he is so not usually the stresser of the family, I am. =)

thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:39 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,824,588 times
I can relate to the stress. I too am looking for a new place and it is very hard not knowing the good and bad points of places. This forum has been very helpful. I am from a state where basically a whole city is safe or not which is not the same in FL. Also I have called on so many rentals that are scams. I have heard more it got rented today yet it was posted that day. I am not sure your budget and I have no clue what these are like but have you check in the polo club of Wellington St Andrews. It is not the west palm one but in the polo club of Wellington. I felt very safe when I rented in the there but never saw St Andrews but heard it is in there. Just a thought. Good luck

Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I can relate to the stress. I too am looking for a new place and it is very hard not knowing the good and bad points of places. This forum has been very helpful. I am from a state where basically a whole city is safe or not which is not the same in FL. Also I have called on so many rentals that are scams. I have heard more it got rented today yet it was posted that day. I am not sure your budget and I have no clue what these are like but have you check in the polo club of Wellington St Andrews. It is not the west palm one but in the polo club of Wellington. I felt very safe when I rented in the there but never saw St Andrews but heard it is in there. Just a thought. Good luck
St. Andrews use to be apartments around 10 years ago . Then they went Condo conversion so you must have rented from an owner? Not a bad location, close to Forest Hill and PB Polo. I'd be a little concerned though with what is across the road of of the 12th Fairway, the area is a noted high crime area. Don't know if it is spreading on the south side of Forest hill and around South Shore but it's getting worse.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,824,588 times
Thanks. I had never rented St Andrews but did in the polo club of Wellington. I really felt safe in there as it was gated but they only seem to have in season rentals for the most part

Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 26,872 times
I live in Black Diamond, the neighborhood literally right next to Victoria Groves. This is the apartment complex next to the Publix? If so, its probably not a great area to be in. It's literally the only area of Wellington that can be considered close to ghetto. There are plenty of nicer complexes in the area though (south florida is full of them, after all)

Old 10-13-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpalm1120 View Post
I live in Black Diamond, the neighborhood literally right next to Victoria Groves. This is the apartment complex next to the Publix? If so, its probably not a great area to be in. It's literally the only area of Wellington that can be considered close to ghetto. There are plenty of nicer complexes in the area though (south florida is full of them, after all)
Yes it's right next to Publix where Anthony Groves was once upon a time. There are a few "ghetto" areas in Wellington, The 12th Fairway off of Wellington Trace and Forest Hill is among the worst area in Welly World now also near Wellington Trace and Greenview Shores is another area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach