Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 02:54 PM

7 posts, read 11,738 times

Advertisements

I'm in my early 20s, going on a job interview in Delray Beach next month and I want to check out some apartments while I'm there. I may not actually be relocating until January - my plan is to check out some complexes and when it comes time, pull the trigger on the one that suits me best.

Here's my dilemma.

Using websites like Zillow, I can only find luxury complexes that start around $1300-$1600. I really would like to find a 1 bedroom for $750-$950. I found a few for even less than $750, but they all have scary reviews on apartment ratings.com.

I'd like to live near my work in Delray Beach, but I'm not sure where I should look. I'm not looking to live in an ultra-luxurious apartment, but I also don't want to be in a bad neighborhood. Are there any specific complexes/areas I should look for in particular?

Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 05:18 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
You can check out the thread highlighting all the bad areas in PBC county and go from there

Old 10-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
You can check out the thread highlighting all the bad areas in PBC county and go from there
Thanks for your help.

I'm a little lost and looking for some guidance from people who know the area. I'm looking at a starting salary of around $35k/year. I'll be living with my girlfriend but she isn't sure what she will doing for work.

I want to live within my means. I am willing to pay $1k+ for rent I just don't want to spread myself too thin.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:20 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
is your job east or west of 95? not that it would extend your commute drastically, but the prices will vary a lot between the two with the good areas on the east side close to atlantic being a lot nigher than your price range. also the east side near atlantic is where the younger crowd tends to hang out, west is very much an older crew. have you thought about a roommate sitution? i know you are with your girlfriend but you could look at a two bed townhome (or single family) in the good east side areas probably for that price range. there is a small house for rent on my area (del ida park) which is close to avenue and an overall good area. can get number on it if u r interested. no idea on price. plus january will be in full swing for winter season so that might make things a bit more challenging.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:27 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Cheap Delray in a good area doesn't exist.......the drug rehab sober houses have killed that market.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:04 AM

Would I be better off in Lake Worth? I've found some places in my price range but I'm unsure if its a good area. How is the drive from there to Delray?

Old 10-23-2014, 09:53 AM

102 posts, read 150,726 times
Downtown Lake Worth is a decent area. Don't venture West though.
Boynton Beach is also hit or miss, but the Gateway Blvd area west of 95 is decent and there's a few places within your range.
The drive shouldn't be too bad from Lake Worth. I don't commute during the typical rush hour, but I get from Boynton to downtown Delray in 15-20 minutes via Federal Highway..
Also keep in mind, if you're renting from a private owner you usually have to be approved by them and also the HOA (seems to be the norm in FL). This means there is an additional delay (sometimes up to a month which I found when I applied for one) for the HOA to approve you.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 AM

Is this too west of downtown? http://www.avestacostadellago.com/mapsanddirections.aspx

I will check out Gateway Blvd. I really appreciate your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach