Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 835 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I will be relocating somewhere in PBC. My plan is to attend FAU in Boca. However, I think I want to live in Delray. I really want somewhere with a decent young crowd and good nightlife. Also affordable living, I hope not to spend more then 1200$ a month on rent. I know Boca has Mizner park. But it seems Delray is the place to be. I have also considered Jax beach and going to UNF. Only because living is more affordable and good night life and young crowd... Any suggestions? Thanks for looking !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 07:59 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Yea Delray is a nice place to be and your right about Jax beach as well and in my opinion you cant really go wrong with either. If you don't mind a commute you could always look at West Palm Beach around the clematis street area. The biggest difference like you mentioned is price which runs higher in PBC than Jax so if your really concerned about affordable living then I would say go with UNF.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:24 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
Jax is colder and more hillbilly....

Also I think FAU is a better school and is closer to more to do like Boca, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, etc...

Downtown Delray on Atlantic Ave has a great night life scene and other stuff to do, relatively young crowd too. Def enjoyed my 6 years of living there.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer1737 View Post
Hello everyone, I will be relocating somewhere in PBC. My plan is to attend FAU in Boca. However, I think I want to live in Delray. I really want somewhere with a decent young crowd and good nightlife. Also affordable living, I hope not to spend more then 1200$ a month on rent. I know Boca has Mizner park. But it seems Delray is the place to be. I have also considered Jax beach and going to UNF. Only because living is more affordable and good night life and young crowd... Any suggestions? Thanks for looking !!
I graduated from FAU in 2010. I lived in Boca Raton, there are a ton of students living there. We usually went out to Hardrock or downtown Fort Lauderdale for nightlife. Occasionally we would go to Delray Beach too, this seemed to be the norm. There are some bars we would frequent in Boca Raton, but for clubbing, mostly Hardrock or downtown Fort Lauderdale.

I really hate Jax, way too country for me. If you attend FAU, you not only have more entertainment options from West Palm Beach to Miami Beach, but you also have more internship opportunities and job opportunities. Whether you live in Boca Raton or Delray Beach, I'm sure you'd have a great time. I would choose Boca Raton because you will be surrounded by more students, your commute to school will be fast and you are more centrally located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach