U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:22 PM

5 posts, read 34,587 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am transferring to FAU. I found a great appartment called Palms Appartment in Lake Worth, FL. Does anyone know anything about it? Also how is the crime in that area.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 PM

43 posts, read 230,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsphsmnt View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am transferring to FAU. I found a great appartment called Palms Appartment in Lake Worth, FL. Does anyone know anything about it? Also how is the crime in that area.

Thanks
Why? and where are you from? Sorry to be negative about Lake Worth but I wouldn't live there if you paid me. My in-laws live in Lake Worth only because my MIL doesn't want to leave "her home". But there are drug deals going on daily there. You can see the guys standing outside waiting for someone to stop and buy. Not sure where the Palms Apts are but unless you are street/city smart and careful, I would stay away. You might want to move closer to the University or look for a better neighborhood. Stay away from Riviera Beach also. I refer to Lake Worth as "Lake Worthless."

Old 11-03-2006, 08:49 PM

I am from Pittsburgh, PA. wow. thankyou so much for the info. I do not know much about the area. Do you know any good living areas in Boca Raton? That arent going to put a hole in my wallet as far as appartment cost goes.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:10 PM

Sorry, I don't know much about Boca. My daughter has a friend in Boca though, maybe she can ask her about it. I'll let you know.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:14 PM

Alright. Thanks. By the way this appartment in LW is on second avenue North.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:18 AM

423 posts, read 1,543,530 times
Not sure what you are paying for your apartment in LW, but you can get a decent 2/2 in Boca/Delray for $1200 - $1500

Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 PM

rkumar3-thanks for answering that question. I haven't been able to get that info. yet. That's a bit high for a college student though. jsphsmnt--- Does FAU have any Dorms?

Old 09-02-2007, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,897 times
Smile You might want a different opinion

Lake Worth is fabulous, but definitely not for everyone. It's totally funky and arty and faggy and Hispanic and FInn and old and great. Your bike may get stolen out of your carport, so lock it up. Get to know your neighbors, though, because we watch each other's backs. People who choose to live in Lake Worth, and people who just end up here, love it. It's not perfect. Don't even get me started with regards to our Utility company (Lake Worth has its own power plant). But it's fun. It's a city, but so small a city that it can feel like a small town.

Boca is different. If you like Boca, you likely won't like Lake Worth. However, if you've ever been to Boca and you don't like it...Lake Worth is what you're looking for.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:01 PM

129 posts, read 454,881 times
Thumbs up good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsphsmnt View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Hi, my name is icelady
I am attending Palm Beach Community College in Boca Raton, the campus of FAU. I have to say there are apartments on this Unver They seem to be pretty safe. I have not heard in the newspaper anything hugh about this campusand whaT HAPPENS ON THE CAMPUS. If you do want to move to the Boca Campus it will be expensive to find an apartment Other then trying to live on campus

Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,844,405 times
Lake Worth is now dubbed as the Latin America of Palm Beach County. Overall I would not recommend it though; lots of gangs, drug dealers, and homeless people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach