Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,967 times

Advertisements

Looking to rent for a month this winter in Palm Beach, saw prices that are appealing in WPBeach, but I am hearing unsettling things about the area. I have stayed in Wellington last year, so I am slightly familiar with the greater area, but I know nothing of West Palm.

One of the WPBeach listings I saw bills itself as a "drama free" location so I am guessing that if you need to mention that in your ad, there must be something to the hazardous character reputation of the town. Do you agree?

I am on a budget, so the pricier zip codes may not be the immediate solution.

Thanks so much for any of your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,430,172 times
Depends on the area/location in WPB, just like any other city (and WPB is a CITY, not a suburb like Wellington). It's got leafy multi-million dollar neighborhoods and neighborhoods that you couldn't pay me to visit, let alone stay in.

The question then, is, what area/zip code are you looking in?

Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 AM

80 posts, read 142,446 times
Look for the Walmarts, don't rent by one..

Check out Melbourn area, Satellite Beach.. Cheaper, small beach town feel

Old 01-18-2015, 07:58 PM

49 posts, read 71,916 times
I am from Palm Beach county and many of my years were spent in West Palm. I believe you can move to West Palm and have no major concerns for your safety. If your looking to rent look in the 33411, 33415 it may take a while to find the perfect place but it is very possible to find something inexpensive and safe!

Old 01-22-2015, 06:07 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivertenderBarnegatBay View Post
Looking to rent for a month this winter in Palm Beach, saw prices that are appealing in WPBeach, but I am hearing unsettling things about the area. I have stayed in Wellington last year, so I am slightly familiar with the greater area, but I know nothing of West Palm.

One of the WPBeach listings I saw bills itself as a "drama free" location so I am guessing that if you need to mention that in your ad, there must be something to the hazardous character reputation of the town. Do you agree?

I am on a budget, so the pricier zip codes may not be the immediate solution.

Thanks so much for any of your thoughts.
This is a very generic question - provide more details on specific areas of interest and one of us will be able to comment. There are a few websites that also report crime per neighborhood/zip code - use them to get a better idea of how much and what type of crime is being perpetrated. If you made it to city-data forums, created an account and took the time to post, you can find these websites too...

Old 01-23-2015, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,054 times
Zoom in on each property with Google maps.. If it looks like crap.. It is...

Old 01-26-2015, 01:40 PM

154 posts, read 389,201 times
there are good and bad areas within a complex so you just need to look at areas and bite the bullet, lock your doors & that goes for most areas in USA

Old 01-27-2015, 02:49 AM

24,410 posts, read 27,017,180 times
Certain areas are safe, while others are not. In that general area, Wellington, Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens are some of the safest areas.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 AM

7 posts, read 8,836 times
Default Take THAT Wallyworld ... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Da Beach View Post
Look for the Walmarts, don't rent by one..

Check out Melbourn area, Satellite Beach.. Cheaper, small beach town feel
I would venture to say that Walmart won't appreciate THIS post reply! But I guess even bad publicity is better than no publicity, yes?

Aremel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach