Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:22 PM

18 posts, read 33,473 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with the Development called Rialto in Jupiter? The houses seemed to be extremely overpriced! How is the neighborhood? I also heard the HOA fees are gonna go up in the near future, can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 07:39 AM

96 posts, read 188,299 times
Rialto is a new gated community in West Jupiter kind of off the beaten path and abuts I95 to the east. It is situated across from the Jupiter Community Park which is host to many of the local recreation sports teams. Some find living across from the park an asset.

Builders tend to build upscale homes in Jupiter especially in West Jupiter, hence the high prices. Also Jupiter's prices are higher on average than surrounding towns because of the high demand for housing, particularly upscale housing.

There are a couple of open houses scheduled this weekend. Let me know if you would like some information on them.

I am interested in hearing from residents, too, if there are any on this forum.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:02 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirednypd View Post
Anyone familiar with the Development called Rialto in Jupiter? The houses seemed to be extremely overpriced! How is the neighborhood? I also heard the HOA fees are gonna go up in the near future, can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance
Overpriced? Pretty sure they are right in line with any other new construction homes in PBC that aren't zero lot line. I don't live there but have been there a few times and a friend just sold in there for about 100k profit after about 15 months.

RUSTY78 lives there, maybe he will see this and respond.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Overpriced? Pretty sure they are right in line with any other new construction homes in PBC that aren't zero lot line. I don't live there but have been there a few times and a friend just sold in there for about 100k profit after about 15 months.

RUSTY78 lives there, maybe he will see this and respond.
100k profit sounds pretty good for owning a new home for a little over a year! This development must be a hot commodity! I was only asking if anyone on this board thinks these prices NOW are worth it? Didn't mean to badmouth the community by saying "overpriced". ,just seems like every time I looked at these homes ,they jumped up another 20-30g ..wish I could have gotten in 2-3 years ago!

Old 02-08-2015, 01:23 AM

Any info on the new development called Lakewood? Accross from jupiter country club?

Old 02-08-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirednypd View Post
100k profit sounds pretty good for owning a new home for a little over a year! This development must be a hot commodity! I was only asking if anyone on this board thinks these prices NOW are worth it? Didn't mean to badmouth the community by saying "overpriced". ,just seems like every time I looked at these homes ,they jumped up another 20-30g ..wish I could have gotten in 2-3 years ago!
I think a new "bubble" is happening now. People can afford to unload houses they bought in 2003-2007 boom and prices are rising. Rialto is finishing up the last section now, Prado is just ramping up the model row (1/3 mile north of Rialto) and they certainly aren't shy about their prices so that is further raising prices at Rialto.

Lakewood hasn't broken ground but old man DiVosta is the developer so it will definitely get done as soon as he is ready. He has built probably 50,000 homes in Northern Palm Beach county and the county/city loves his developments and the taxes they bring!

Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I think a new "bubble" is happening now. People can afford to unload houses they bought in 2003-2007 boom and prices are rising. Rialto is finishing up the last section now, Prado is just ramping up the model row (1/3 mile north of Rialto) and they certainly aren't shy about their prices so that is further raising prices at Rialto.

Lakewood hasn't broken ground but old man DiVosta is the developer so it will definitely get done as soon as he is ready. He has built probably 50,000 homes in Northern Palm Beach county and the county/city loves his developments and the taxes they bring!
I don't think a bubble is happening I think they charging what the developments are worth.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:28 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
I don't think a bubble is happening I think they charging what the developments are worth.
Have to go with City Guy on this one. The larger homes on the Executive Side, San Marco & Murano, are selling new in the high $500K range. But re-sales on the same homes are in the $520 to $530 Range, many less than 2 years old.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
I was talking about real estate in general. Prices are getting back to "boom" levels again and there is no real reason for it. No big commercial changes (not like a new factory moved to town employing thousands of new people), not like the houses are improved (most in fact are just now 5-7 years older than the last time they were in demand), etc.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:24 AM

72 posts, read 227,068 times
I think you would have a hard time making money in Rialto now. If you bought 2 to 3 years ago you are doing well in there, but they have really raised prices in that community. We looked at a lake lot 1 year ago and they wanted $100K in just lot fees! That was one of the nicer lots but it wasn't that nice. Still had I95 noise and those lights from the fields across the street. But it is a nice family community.

I heard that Divosta sold the Lakewood development to Pulte, so they will be developing it under the Divosta name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach