Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 01:11 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times

Advertisements

Just curious why a 2hour commute on I 95 would be something you'd consider? Yikes...jmo...that could get very old very fast...ps I lived in so fl for 25 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 09:18 PM

242 posts, read 346,161 times
Just a note to consider my brother lived in Jupiter and he said the people where kind of snooty. A lot of communities are like small self-contained-cities. The Bear's Club and Admiral's Cove for example the people never leave because it's a self contained wealthy enclave, if you will. My brother got tired of all the uppity people and no middle class and relocated to St. Pete, and he feels better in the Tampa area.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:31 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebn78 View Post
Just a note to consider my brother lived in Jupiter and he said the people where kind of snooty. A lot of communities are like small self-contained-cities. The Bear's Club and Admiral's Cove for example the people never leave because it's a self contained wealthy enclave, if you will. My brother got tired of all the uppity people and no middle class and relocated to St. Pete, and he feels better in the Tampa area.
You do realize that communities like Bears Club is where Michael Jordan lives and Admirals Cove was once Celion Dion's home community as well as other athletes/celebrities? Those people want "self contained and uppity!" Each community you listed has homes available in the 10mm range.......pretty hard to rule out a whole town because of two wealthy enclaves!

Jupiter is a town of over 60,000 people, those communities you listed don't represent 1500 people in season, probably less than 800 in the summertime.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:53 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
Quote:
Jupiter is terrible You don't want to move here

Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times
^^^ Care to elaborate on that?

Old 04-15-2015, 02:27 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
^^^ Care to elaborate on that?
I think she was being sarcastic and yes some wealthy people live in Jupiter I mean for gosh sakes its South Florida of course some rich people buy mansions here. But honestly I don't think its a bad place to live because plenty of families have made it their home to live and seem happy.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:54 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times
Thanks, when I posted that there was no photo

Can't wait to get there!

Old 04-16-2015, 05:58 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineminee View Post
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm certainly not expecting to find a progressive vibe that compares to what we are surrounded with here in the Pacific NW... In fact, if I had a choice I'd stay right where I am. Unfortunately the commute is too much for my husband, so we have decided it's in the best interests of the whole family and our marriage for us to move. Other options are for him to be based in DFW (I am allergic to country music), LAX (kaching $$!), Chicago (I have family there but the winters are brutal), NY (brutal winters again).

Which leads me back to Florida. Has to be within a two hour drive of Miami. Family-friendly, low crime, quality of life trumps everything else for me. We had considered Naples, Boca, Stuart, etc. but have heard the most positives about jupiter, and my husband knows that tons of AA pilots and their families call it home. The beach is a huge draw for us (we can get to the Pacific in an hour here, but the water is frigid and more often than not it is cold and windy).

I appreciate the input about specifics, such as hurricanes, bugs, schooling, etc. We aren't foolish enough to think Florida is the last stop for us, but we're hoping its a place to let the girls enjoy the next 4-8 years of schooling before they're college bound. Keep the feedback coming!

I'd choose Dallas. Then LA, then South FL then Chicago, and last, NY.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Very true, and haven't figured out why.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Jupiter is terrible You don't want to move here
Looks pretty, I'm from down there. But I wouldn't live down there again. Beaches aren't everything, and as a FL native, they get kind of old... but maybe if you're from the Northeast its a big deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach