Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,675 times

Advertisements

My husband, my 7 year old son and I are relocating to Wellington from New Jersey. We havent been in the area. All the information we have is from the websites where we been searching for a home.

We are looking for a safe and family oriented neighborhoods, with a lot of kids and good schools.

The house that we like is located in the subdivision Lake Point.

Can somebody tell us How is the area like? is it safe? Are the a lot of families with young kids?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 05:18 PM

293 posts, read 501,889 times
why did you choose lake Point? it is a really small community, not many homes in that community. The area is decent and yes it is safe, but the yards are really tiny and unless you get a home with a lake view you will have almost zero yard space. I would think their are kids within the community, but you can probably do better. what is your budget and what size home you looking for? Also while the elementary school assigned there is not terrible it is probably the worst one in Wellington , as there is a lot of multi family low income homes assigned to that school that are close to that school by a couple miles away from Lake Point.

Also keep in mind what is for sale today unless you bid fast is unlikely to be available when you are ready to move.

My opinion is Emerald Forest and Meadowland Cove are nicer communities are right next to Lake Point , also many areas of sugar pond are very nice and good for kids,

Old 12-03-2015, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 4,515 times
Steve,
What do you think of Waterway Cove Rd area?

Old 12-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Waterway Cove is not the best part of wellington, it is extremely close to multi family section 8 dwellings. I woudl personally avoid that area

Old 12-11-2015, 02:00 PM

52 posts, read 83,194 times
Why Wellington?

Old 12-11-2015, 07:37 PM

22 posts, read 68,788 times
We moved to wellington a little over a year ago with our 6 year old twins. We are in Binks Forest and absolutely love it. My kids go to Binks Forest Elementary and we have been very pleased.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:14 AM

not finding a home in binks for 240K and binks is less expensive than a lot of other parts of wellington because of its location being the farthest west and north making it a farther commute going east

Old 01-08-2016, 12:47 PM

5 posts, read 8,024 times
With a budget of $500K to $700K, what part of Wellington might you suggest? We are self-employed software professionals who can live and work anywhere. Is there an airport close to Wellington that can get me back to PA directly when needed? Looking for top schools for my 5 year old twin daughters. We own a large motor-coach as well. So, we are considering a visit this summer (June - July) when the kids are out of school. Coming from 3 acres in PA, the Boca/Parkland area feels too close to me. Plus, the whole Chinese drywall issue there has me spooked. Still a lot of foreclosures and shadow inventory. I'd like something with about 1 acre +/- Any recommendations? Thank's in advance.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:16 PM

52 posts, read 83,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger4truth View Post
With a budget of $500K to $700K, what part of Wellington might you suggest? We are self-employed software professionals who can live and work anywhere. Is there an airport close to Wellington that can get me back to PA directly when needed? Looking for top schools for my 5 year old twin daughters. We own a large motor-coach as well. So, we are considering a visit this summer (June - July) when the kids are out of school. Coming from 3 acres in PA, the Boca/Parkland area feels too close to me. Plus, the whole Chinese drywall issue there has me spooked. Still a lot of foreclosures and shadow inventory. I'd like something with about 1 acre +/- Any recommendations? Thank's in advance.

WHY??? If you are moving to Florida and your budget is 500 to 700, unless you are into Polo and horses why Wellington????

If you want great schools for your kids, Boca Raton and there is a great great great elementary school on the East side of West Palm Beach right on the intracoastal.

Check out El Cid, South of Southern, Prospect Park. Great neighborhood, lovely homes great school and so much to do. (Restaurants, cultural events, and of course water sports).

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-09-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-09-2016, 06:02 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,408,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina702 View Post
WHY??? If you are moving to Florida and your budget is 500 to 700, unless you are into Polo and horses why Wellington????

If you want great schools for your kids, Boca Raton and there is a great great great elementary school on the East side of West Palm Beach right on the intracoastal.

Check out El Cid, South of Southern, Prospect Park. Great neighborhood, lovely homes great school and so much to do. (Restaurants, cultural events, and of course water sports).

I'm a realtor and I'll PM you so that we can talk, if you like.
You won't find an acre for under 700k in any of those neighborhoods...
Wellington is a great area and has very easy airport access (15-20 min) to pbi depending on where you are. There are plenty of people that live there that aren't equestrians.
The pinewood and paddock Park neighborhoods have acre + lots. You'll most likely end up closer to 700k but they are available.
There are others, but Jupiter Farms is another area with good schools and large lots but is a little further from the airport and more rural.
Most inspectors can easily detect cd by now so it's not as much of a fear as it was 5-6years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach