Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:28 PM

25 posts, read 62,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
See, that's just no kind of fun when you have to worry about stuff like this. And for what?
The experience has opened my eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM

46 posts, read 126,395 times
I don't think getting beeped at because you are not paying attention as the front car at a light is considered "aggressive". Pay attention! People have places to be and sitting at another 2.5 minute light cycle because it took the first car 3 or 4 seconds to actually GO is something that happens waaaaay too often.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:09 PM

48 posts, read 68,094 times
I am also from NJ. I don't think that honking at someone when they don't move is aggressive. The red lights in Boca take a long time to change, and driving behind someone who doesn't move once it turns green is very frustrating. Someone mentioned this above. Typically, if someone honks at you "the second the light changed" it wasn't the second it changed. It was after you sat there, not paying attention, talking on the phone or texting, and didn't notice the light changed. It's very selfish behavior, because we all want to get through the light. Keep your head up, pay attention, put your foot on the gas and move and nobody will honk at you.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 PM

499 posts, read 588,638 times
I am from CT (about 60 miles east of NYC) and frequently drive in a city recently named the 6th worst traffic area in the U.S. (Bridgeport). I don't think beeping at someone who remains stopped at a green light is "aggresssive." I've been on both sides of that one. A gentle "beep" to re-focus the attention of a driver is normal driving. Laying on the horn for several seconds and/or screaming out the window is a whole different story. Either way, I decided a very long time ago NOT to engage aggressive drivers AT ALL. Even if I'm totally in the right and they were dead wrong, I NEVER resort to screaming, gesturing, chasing or otherwise engaging in any kind of exchange with other drivers. It is simply not worth it.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:32 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,663,534 times
Statistically speaking, the only places that are less safe for motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians than Palm Beach County are Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,955,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugloverboca View Post
I am also from NJ. I don't think that honking at someone when they don't move is aggressive. The red lights in Boca take a long time to change, and driving behind someone who doesn't move once it turns green is very frustrating. Someone mentioned this above. Typically, if someone honks at you "the second the light changed" it wasn't the second it changed. It was after you sat there, not paying attention, talking on the phone or texting, and didn't notice the light changed. It's very selfish behavior, because we all want to get through the light. Keep your head up, pay attention, put your foot on the gas and move and nobody will honk at you.

I've seen ppl honk the very second it changes in FL before.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:59 PM

499 posts, read 588,638 times
Quote:
Happens in the NE too. Drivers that are excessively impatient like that are the ones to ignore. Road rage incidents seems to happen everywhere and some people are just looking for any excuse to fight. Best to not engage on any level.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:16 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,955,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
Happens in the NE too. Drivers that are excessively impatient like that are the ones to ignore. Road rage incidents seems to happen everywhere and some people are just looking for any excuse to fight. Best to not engage on any level.

Very true, its not worth it. I see some places where road rage is much more prominent than other places. FL being the higher ones, unfortunately.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 PM

500 posts, read 749,852 times
Quote:
I second this. I see it several times a day in Boca, and it's laughable that people are that inpatient. My car can make up the difference for the 'lost time' of raising my foot from brake to gas, sorry if yours can't. If people can't wait another 2.5 minutes for a light change, perhaps they need to time their travels better.

Seriously, I'm aware of how Boca traffic has it's long waits (I'm looking at you, Yamato Road), but driving 60 mph, cutting people off, etc. isn't helping anyone and time will run out for these crazy drivers. Unfortunately, they have the potential to take innocent people with them.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:28 PM

48 posts, read 68,094 times
Why don't you all just move when the light turns green? By the way, I'm not a honker, because lots of people in Florida carry guns and have very short tempers; that's not the hill I want to die on.But perhaps you should have your reflexes checked if you can't put your foot on the gas when the light changes to green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: