Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:01 AM

8 posts, read 13,947 times

Advertisements

I am moving with my family I have three children 8 6 and 2 We have been there twice to look at homes. We are confused whether we should go central Boca or West Boca? We are looking for great schools and we are looking for a family orientated community. We are thinking about possibly going to sand piper elementary school. I really like Mission Bay the Isles. I also was told to stay away from Olympic Heights high school is that true? It seems like you get a lot more for your money in West Boca. I think central Boca is great also I just think it is a little bit older is that true? Thank you for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,792,384 times
Yea West Boca is newer suburbia and Central Boca is more established but I heard both have good schools so I don't think you could go wrong with neither it just depends on what you like.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:05 AM

48 posts, read 67,912 times
For some reason, the standardized test scores at Olympic Heights aren't as high as at West Boca High School. I can't figure that out because there are great middle-class developments that feed into Olympic Heights - The Shores at Boca Raton, Boca Isles North and South, I think Saturnia as well. I moved to the area once my children were done with school, so I don't know why there's a difference between these 2 high schools, since the demographics are so similar.

I think Mission Bay feeds into West Boca High, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:29 PM

387 posts, read 516,012 times
Boca Raton is a great move,West or Central you can't go wrong.I've had a condo in East (of 95) Boca since 2004 and love being able to walk to everything. I'm stuck in NY for work but get down there every chance. Not sure on the schools,I believe from what I've heard they're all pretty good,the locals may have a better insight. Of all the areas in SE Fl you picked the best city to move to. Clean, safe, great beach, recreation,shopping,library,lots to do. Location for me was to be East of 95 but schools were not a factor in my decision. Negatives; Traffic on 95 is rough during am,pm rush hours, mass transit is lacking,busses & one train Tri Rail so car traffic can get heavy East/West on Glades,etc.If it were me moving with children I would look hard at East/Central just for the convenience factor.My realtor is a local resident,wealth of info as many on here are.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:59 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,248,397 times
Smile Budget?

Renting or buying?

I'm in Central Boca but have lived here for a long time, know the areas and schools.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:39 PM

Thank you all for the comments.Bette I will be renting up to 3000. When I buy probably around 450 to 550 Originally we were looking into central Boca by St. Andrews we really like it there. But West Boca it seems you get a lot more for your money there. My main Concern are my children and their education,the houses in West Boca seem newer than Central which means less things can go wrong like roof ,plumbing etc. I look on Zillow every day driving myself crazy. LOL I really like Mission Bay the Isles the best but not that many homes are available for rent there.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:46 PM

I really here bad things about Olympic heights so we are not looking there. Is it the demographics? Is it the crime? Grades? Do they ship people in from other towns why is Olympic Heights getting a bad rap? The houses in that area look really nice

Old 03-19-2015, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,025 times
We are looking to move from NJ to Boca as well but my husband says west is too far from beach? All the nicest communities seem to be west though.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,830,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytoboca View Post
We are looking to move from NJ to Boca as well but my husband says west is too far from beach? All the nicest communities seem to be west though.
To me the nicest communities and I am not speaking of East but is Central though expensive. You have St Andrews CC, Broken Sound CC, Woodfield CC, Boca West CC.
OP I am not sure the names but located near these communities there are some subs that are not gated country club that would probably have same schools which I think are good.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,820 times
I'm in your same boat with kids ages 4 and 8 and we've spent ALL week looking at different communities in Boca, mostly West Boca and am so frustrated. I want a feel like the Canyons has (up in Boynton) or the City of Parkland - with kids everywhere and families everywhere but every community I've seen in boca so far - including my favorite (Santa Barbara) all are 90% retirees. The realtor, legally, isn't allowed to steer me away or toward just based on demographics but when the "card room" in the clubhouse is more utilized than the swimming pool and there's no playground or tot lot on site, that's a hint.
We're doing private school so the schools aren't an issue but want a community village of families right in Boca and having a hard time finding it! I love the St. Andrews area, something not too far off of Glades but willing to go anywhere.... and spend anything.... (well, not anything....) <sigh>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach