Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM

10 posts, read 19,764 times

Advertisements

Is it safe?

Would you live there?

Are there bordering cities you'd strongly recommend over it?

We're married late 30's, no kids, laid back & from frigid michigan. Possible transfer to Lake Worth. Budget $250,000ish +/-. I'm more interested in location to beach & shop locally for groceries, etc. It looks like there are lots of community events. Artsy. But, is it safe?

I wish the Neighborhood-o-meter was accessible :0/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:09 AM

293 posts, read 501,943 times
put is this way, the further you are from the beach is better and safer the community unless you are within 1-2 blocks of the beach. That will not work for your budget. $250,000 will not get you much of a home especially if living in a safe community with good schools. the better communities will be located in western lake worth or around 8 miles from beach. While you have no kids good schools factor into re-sale.

hard to provide you suggestions on where to go unless you gave more details, ie condo or single family home, how close to beach do you desire to be,

Old 03-15-2015, 08:26 AM

Single family. 8 miles is fine if we're talking about safety. 10 miles? 15? I don't know how far away I prefer to be without knowing the desireable areas. Ha haa. The houses on Zillow in that price range are beautiful. We could afford more. It doesn't seem necessary when I see what's in that range. I just have no idea if they're the ghetto. How can undesireable people afford a $300,000 home?

Boynton, Boca, Delray are all affordable. Lake Worth was intriguing because of the community events. Would I be concerned about safety at these events?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 AM

& thank you!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:55 AM

no need to be concerned about safety at the events , Lake Ave is nice as is Lucerne, go a few blocks north or south turns not so nice. general rule of thumb when looking in lake worth area, anything west of jog will be safer and nicer than most east of jog, so if properties you are looking at are west of jog good bet it is safe area

and 300,000 homes will not be in undesirable areas, 250,000 though will get middle of the road, not a highly desirable area. 250 to 300 range you can find a decent home in a decent area

I am not a realtor but I am an investor and know the area around lake worth pretty well. provide me with your dream home wish list for your budget and I will post back addresses of current homes for sale in a decent area fitting your criteria so you can see what your budget will get you. zip code 33467 would be the best zip code in western lake worth, for 250K you can get a 1700 to 1900 square foot home most likely no lake view and no pool.

couple examples
10214 Club House Turn Road
8500 Bonita Isle Drive

Old 03-15-2015, 10:17 AM

Ooooo. Investor!! My dream would be something I could give a little TLC. Not a total gut but updates/remodel/sweat equity. We're pretty easy to please. I'd prefer an area where I wouldn't have a hard time jumping through hoops to put up a picket fence, etc. I love to garden - so I don't want to get a permission slip signed every time I wanted to do some landscaping. I'm allergic to chlorine so the most important thing is a saltwater pool. That can be added (which I know is a fortune).

We're waiting to find out where the relocation will be exactly. Ft Lauderdale or Lake Worth are looking to be the most likely. I'm trying to get familiarized with the cities. I'm not sold on anywhere in particular. This area seems less chaotic than Ft Lauderdale area. Is that a correct assumption?

Do you have a hard time getting construction permits & inspections?

Old 03-15-2015, 10:20 AM

palm beach county is less chaotic then broward, I would agree. and no you wont have hard time getting permits and inspections

Old 03-15-2015, 10:24 AM

Thank you!!! Hopefully we'll hear something soon

Old 03-15-2015, 10:38 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,408,243 times
Check out the lake Charleston area of lake worth.
nice homes in your price point.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:38 PM

yes lake Charleston is good, that is in 33467, as is journeys end and smith farms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach