Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 6,285 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know who the builders are for certain communities in the Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens areas? I'm interested in the following:

Paseos
Mirabella
Canterbury
Many in PGA National - I know these are quite a bit older
Egret Landing - there are several in here. Engle is one but curious about others.

Also, any builders that one would recommend staying away from? Like one with a known reputation for bad construction.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:03 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,939 times
Every builder has someone who is not happy, you just have to Google builder's name looking for complaints and you will be surprised what pops up.

We have a new home built by Lennar and they are working on a 40% profit per home! The homes look great on the outside and they are built to standards, but other than that, they skimped on everything they could and I am sure every other builder out there is doing the same thing.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:28 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloUCF View Post
Does anyone know who the builders are for certain communities in the Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens areas? I'm interested in the following:

Paseos
Mirabella
Canterbury
Many in PGA National - I know these are quite a bit older
Egret Landing - there are several in here. Engle is one but curious about others.

Also, any builders that one would recommend staying away from? Like one with a known reputation for bad construction.

Thanks
Paseos was Arvida
Mirabella/Canterbury don't know
PGA- too old to matter, lots of old wood frame houses in there
Egret- Pulte built the most, DiVosta (the son, Guy) built many, some Engle, some Spear, some independents.

You can see similarities in a lot of homes built in the same period. Same windows, similar cabinets, same subcontractors etc. I would be focused on the future costs, HOA fees/assessments. Is the house going to need a roof or any other big ticket expense?

San Michele, Palm Beach Gardens has already had 10 year old houses get total roof replacements! These were 1mm homes new, 1.5mm resales in the boom so not cheap homes. HOA fee is $450 a month for example (a lot of scratch for a gate, 2 tennis courts and a tiny no amenities clubhouse).

Old 03-19-2015, 11:49 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
kenco was mirabella and pulte was Canterbury

Old 03-21-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
kenco was mirabella and pulte was Canterbury
actually Canterbury was Centex, Pulte is building in Botanica to the east (the townhouse community)and building to the west in Abacoa as the Divosta division.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:23 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
actually Canterbury was Centex, Pulte is building in Botanica to the east (the townhouse community)and building to the west in Abacoa as the Divosta division.
Youre right who was bought by Pulte

Old 03-24-2015, 09:02 AM

Thanks guys... really good info. I just cancelled a contract in Egret Landing due to a roof leak and I was curious about the build quality in some of these other homes. This was a house built in 2000. I am looking at another in Mirabella which is newer, but still looking at other options as well. Canterbury seems like a good option but the houses are a bit pricey.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys... really good info. I just cancelled a contract in Egret Landing due to a roof leak and I was curious about the build quality in some of these other homes. This was a house built in 2000. I am looking at another in Mirabella which is newer, but still looking at other options as well. Canterbury seems like a good option but the houses are a bit pricey.

A roof leak on a 15+ year old house shouldn't be a deal breaker......

The HOA fee alone in Mirabella could buy you a whole roof every 5 years!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:13 AM

5 posts, read 17,458 times
Quote:
Careful on the roofs as they can be pricy to replace. We just had ours replaces by Elite Roofing and it costs us 60 THOUSAND DOLLARS! Our roof was 18 years old...

We looked in Mirabella but the HOA just wasn't worth it to live in such an ugly neighborhood. Mirasol is beautiful though.

Lucky for us though our HOA is only 47 dollars a month! (700 a year for the PGA HOA - it's dirt cheap for what you get.)

Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
A roof leak on a 15+ year old house shouldn't be a deal breaker......

The HOA fee alone in Mirabella could buy you a whole roof every 5 years!
You may have never dealt with a roof leak before, but it's difficult to patch and fix a small section. There's a limited number of roofers who can do it right. It's just not worth the aggravation and time and money it will take to fix without replacing the whole roof. I have no doubt it would leak again where the repair was worked in and at $200/sq ft it didn't feel like a good deal. Had the price been a lot lower I would have considered it but that wasn't the only problem with the house.

The HOA in Mirabella is about 200/mth more than Egret. Not sure where you can find a new tile roof on a 2700 sq ft home for 15k but I'd love to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach