Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 AM

19 posts, read 24,432 times

Advertisements

I have heard traffic in Boca is heavy, espcially near 441. We are looking at Wellington & Palm City as possible areas to relocate to. How is traffic in these areas? We work from home so rush hour is not that important. Just wondering how crowded the roads are in general and if anyone can say why they prefer one area over the other. Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 12:46 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
I live in the Wellington area and 441 gets congested but it's not bad enough that it would deter me from living here or recommending anyone to live here.
You're close to the turnpike, and Southern which provides easy access to 95 if you need to get anywhere North or South.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:13 PM

22 posts, read 68,665 times
I live in Wellington as well. 441 and Southern are very congested. The further west you go in Wellington, the better traffic is. We are in Binks Forest which is the west end of Wellington and traffic is not bad. I can not speak about Palm City

Old 05-21-2015, 07:40 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Palm City was Wellington in the 90's.......out in the middle of nowhere!

PC has waterfront which will limit traffic because of the need for bridges to cross the water. There are only a few major roads in PC now and they have an I95 exit and a turnpike exit.

If I had to pick one.......Palm City all the way! Welly World is HOA central with McMansion communities everywhere. If an airport is crucial to your needs, Welly World would be a better choice.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:14 AM

293 posts, read 500,266 times
Palm City is totally different than Wellington. It really depends what you are looking for. East Wellington off Lake Worth Road close to 441 is probably the most convenient place to live to have easy access. One poster mentioned Binks, which is very nice but if you are going east that will add 10-15 minutes each way vs living closer to 441. The traffic is really not bad in Wellington. It gets congested during rush hour, but never really bad.

If I had to pick one.......Wellington all the way! Palm City is simply to isolated and lac kof strong HOA's make it less appealing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach