Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 08:43 AM

499 posts, read 589,275 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Wellington in a few weeks. I was wondering - what beaches in the area are best to go to with a 2 year old? Are any beaches free? What are costs of parking & entry fees? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:02 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,463,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
We are moving to Wellington in a few weeks. I was wondering - what beaches in the area are best to go to with a 2 year old? Are any beaches free? What are costs of parking & entry fees? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Beaches are free. Parking? Not always free.

I suppose the closest beach for you would be Palm Beach: Head straight down southern Blvd, go south on Ocean Blvd (once you get to Palm Beach Island). At Phipps Park @ the fire station there are spots available (limited) that allow free two hour parking. There are some facilities there, such as restrooms, pic nic tables, showers, some swings, etc. They are doing beach re nourishment right now.

Keep heading south you'll end up at Lake Worth beach, with its facilities, restaurants and pier. Parking is not free, but it's not terribly expensive.

If you have more time, DuBois park in Jupiter is where a lot of families with little kids go, because it's a shallow area near the inlet, protected from the ocean itself.

Juno Beach is also a very nice beach. Last time I was there parking was free. Also close to Loggerhead Marine Center, which has rescued sea turtles on display.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 PM

499 posts, read 589,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Beaches are free. Parking? Not always free.

I suppose the closest beach for you would be Palm Beach: Head straight down southern Blvd, go south on Ocean Blvd (once you get to Palm Beach Island). At Phipps Park @ the fire station there are spots available (limited) that allow free two hour parking. There are some facilities there, such as restrooms, pic nic tables, showers, some swings, etc. They are doing beach re nourishment right now.

Keep heading south you'll end up at Lake Worth beach, with its facilities, restaurants and pier. Parking is not free, but it's not terribly expensive.

If you have more time, DuBois park in Jupiter is where a lot of families with little kids go, because it's a shallow area near the inlet, protected from the ocean itself.

Juno Beach is also a very nice beach. Last time I was there parking was free. Also close to Loggerhead Marine Center, which has rescued sea turtles on display.
Thank you very much!!

Old 04-05-2015, 05:59 PM

293 posts, read 502,273 times
The beaches to the south are much nicer IMO then beaches to the north of Wellington. AS the previous poster mentioned you have palm beach island and lake worth beaches. I personally prefer going to gulfstream park south of Boynton in a small town called gulfstream, there is free parking and waters are clear and shallow

Gulfstream Park

Old 04-06-2015, 05:33 AM

25 posts, read 62,574 times
Beautiful beaches on Singer Island! Ocean Reef Park has free parking.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:49 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,463,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVG_Steve View Post
The beaches to the south are much nicer IMO then beaches to the north of Wellington. AS the previous poster mentioned you have palm beach island and lake worth beaches. I personally prefer going to gulfstream park south of Boynton in a small town called gulfstream, there is free parking and waters are clear and shallow

Gulfstream Park

I disagree. There are great beaches up and down the coast. Singer Island has a beautiful beach (including the beach at John D. MacArthur), and Jupiter/Juno is one of my favorites in the county.

Honestly one of the most disappointing beaches, IMO is actually Palm Beach. I go there because it's super close for me, but sometimes Palm Beachers just make it so apparent they really don't care for beach go-ers who don't live in-town. (Such as $5/hour parking at the main "mid town" beach!)

Old 04-06-2015, 10:59 AM

293 posts, read 502,273 times
I agree Juno/Jupiter but the yare a hike from Wellington, I am not a fan of palm beach or lake worth either, I prefer the southern beaches and as I mentioned Gulfstream. Personally I do not like Singer Island Beach, not nearly as nice as gulfstream IMO

Old 04-07-2015, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 904 times
Depends what your looking for... Lake Worth and Delray Beach brings in a younger crowd, but also a lot of families with kids. Boca Beach is usually less crowded, same with Boynton. Singer Island's beach is huge, lot more room so it's not so crammed in with people.. Jupiter is also more spread out, less crowding. Juno Beach is absolutely beautiful, probably my favorite spot personally but a little far from my home in Lake Worth. I don't even bother with Palm Beach. Parking is a pain in the neck, and the beach isn't anything special. It's cool to drive around and look at all the mansions though. Best way to find out is to hit all of them up and find out which one you like.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:04 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,848,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBeachDelconian View Post
Depends what your looking for... Lake Worth and Delray Beach brings in a younger crowd, but also a lot of families with kids. Boca Beach is usually less crowded, same with Boynton. Singer Island's beach is huge, lot more room so it's not so crammed in with people.. Jupiter is also more spread out, less crowding. Juno Beach is absolutely beautiful, probably my favorite spot personally but a little far from my home in Lake Worth. I don't even bother with Palm Beach. Parking is a pain in the neck, and the beach isn't anything special. It's cool to drive around and look at all the mansions though. Best way to find out is to hit all of them up and find out which one you like.
It should be also mentioned that north of the pier in Juno dogs are allowed on the beach. Often they are off leash, peeing and pooping left and right, in the same places you would put your towel to lie on. Depending on your views - you may like this or you may hate it.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:01 PM

46 posts, read 126,584 times
Wellington is pretty far West of the coast. Travelling to the beaches up north (Singer Island, Juno, Dubois) will keep you in the car for well over an hour round trip. Boynton Inlet has free parking and you can go either over to the beach, fishing "pier" or stay on the intracoastal and explore calmer waters. There are facilities and lots of play things for the kids. Sometimes you can see the wild parrots squawking in the trees! This will also be a bit of a drive. It's not much further south of Lake Worth beach, but 'nicer'. You will figure it out...just go to them all and a favorite will pick you. East to West traffic BLOWS! Oh, if you do go to Singer Island, you will have to drive through Riviera Beach: windows up, doors locked. Enjoy...you have moved to paradise. (which you will be sharing with 1+ million others).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach