Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM

4 posts, read 8,316 times

Advertisements

I've got about a month to get from ATL to at least a rental in Boca with a family of 4 (boys aged 9 and 5).

Any recommended NON COUNTRY CLUB communities for families? Just poking around on Zillow, every house looks the same. Though East Boca actually seemed to have houses with personality.

Some random thoughts...

1. Is there anything wrong with East Boca for families? I see this great school district in the East but everyone says I have to live in central or west Boca. Is the population of children declining in the Boca Raton Community High district?

2. Seems like the only patches of crime are to the north and east?

3. Does the population change greatly with the snowbird population? Related fear: Just retirees per the stereotype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petertemplar70 View Post
I've got about a month to get from ATL to at least a rental in Boca with a family of 4 (boys aged 9 and 5).

Any recommended NON COUNTRY CLUB communities for families? Just poking around on Zillow, every house looks the same. Though East Boca actually seemed to have houses with personality.

Some random thoughts...

1. Is there anything wrong with East Boca for families? I see this great school district in the East but everyone says I have to live in central or west Boca. Is the population of children declining in the Boca Raton Community High district?

3. Does the population change greatly with the snowbird population? Related fear: Just retirees per the stereotype.
1. East Boca is great for families, look in the 33486 zip code and some of the 33432 area.

2. Crime is all over. There has been a trend of out of town thieves rolling into Boca, commit crimes and run I95 southbound back to Broward/Dade county. This has been shoplifting cases at the mall, car theft/burglaries at gyms/schools or even residential burglaries (knock on door, if no one answers go around back and rob the house). Google and you can read some of the stories online.

3. Traffic gets heavy in season, restaurant waiting times are longer, but that is usually Oct-April and it fades.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:20 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,133 times
OP, if you want non-HOA SFH neighborhoods with varying home styles and beautiful, mature foliage/vegetation check out Palm Beach Farms and the neighborhood north of Palmetto Park Rd/east of Federal (behind Mizner Park), the latter of which whose name I can't recall.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 AM

4 posts, read 8,316 times
Thanks for the advice. Great tips.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:15 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,133 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Great tips.
If there's anything else you'd like to know about the area, please feel free to DM me. Best of luck in your relocation.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:27 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
OP, if you want non-HOA SFH neighborhoods with varying home styles and beautiful, mature foliage/vegetation check out Palm Beach Farms and the neighborhood north of Palmetto Park Rd/east of Federal (behind Mizner Park), the latter of which whose name I can't recall.
Behind Mizner is "Boca Villas".....

Palm Beach Farms, Carriage Hill, Camino Gardens, Boca Square, Palmetto Park Terrace and Royal Oak Hills are all great east Boca Neighborhoods.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:17 PM

7 posts, read 8,305 times
Quote:

Some random thoughts...

6718 Newport Lake Circle, Boca Raton FL JUST CAME ON THE MARKET.

4bed, 3.5 bath, 4100 sq ft, three car garage, 0.43 acre lot with large fenced in side yard and pool.

Built in 1990 it has huge potential as a fixer upper and currently listed at 699k.

It's located in Newport Bay Club. This is a non equity 24 hr manned guard gated community in east Boca off of jog road in between Clint Moore and Linton Blvd.

The elementary, middle and high schools are all A+++ rated to include Morikami Elementary, Omni Middle and Spanish River. They are all less than 5 miles away.

6718 Newport Lake Cir, Boca Raton, FL 33496 | MLS #F1375813 | Zillow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach