Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 04:04 PM

6 posts, read 8,383 times

Advertisements

Hi All, I've been consulting this site and read past threads that have been helpful in our preliminary research about the Jupiter area. Now it's go time! My husband has accepting a transfer to the area and we will be moving from CT where we have lived for most of our lives. We are excited about the opportunity as we've heard great things about the area. I do have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some guidance on.

We have 3 kids ages 8,7, and 3. The two older ones will be going into 4th and 2nd grade next school year. My soon to be second grader has been diagnosed with ADHD and has a 504 plan here in CT. Im wondering if anyone has recommendations for certain public schools in the area knowing this? Also, in CT, kids ages 3-4 typically go to a private preschool 2-3 AM's a week for 3-4 hours. Is there anything like that in FL? I keep hearing about the pre-K option but my youngest won't be there yet.

We looked at jupiter and Wellington when we did our initial visit. We really like Wellington and got a family feel from it but don't think we can go back to a 40 min + commute. We ESP liked Rialto and Egrets Landing in Jupiter (larger lot sizes) and am wondering if there is a strong sense of neighborhood and community in either of these? I'm hoping my kids and I will meet other families and kids quickly.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 03:42 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,223,138 times
Don't have kids, but we live in Rialto and there are plenty of kids of all ages in the neighborhood that your children will be able to play with. I am not sure what high school residents of Egrets Landing go to, but the Rialto residents go to Jupiter H.S. which is better rated that William Dryer H.S.

Here are some web-sites that might help you: www.myflorida.com www.stateofflorida.com www.palmbeachschools.org www.pbcgov.com

Old 04-10-2015, 04:17 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,795,888 times
I heard that Egrets Landing is Nice and also check out Abacoa Abacoa POA which is a very nice community for families with lots of activities so you shouldn't have any problems.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:52 AM

Thank you! We liked Abacoa but coming from CT we found the zero lot line communities like it were a bit too tight for us.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:32 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,405,647 times
Egrets is great have good friends in there with two little ones and they love it.
Where are you commuting to?

Old 04-10-2015, 06:36 AM

17,419 posts, read 22,168,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyr2002 View Post
Hi All, I've been consulting this site and read past threads that have been helpful in our preliminary research about the Jupiter area. Now it's go time! My husband has accepting a transfer to the area and we will be moving from CT where we have lived for most of our lives. We are excited about the opportunity as we've heard great things about the area. I do have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some guidance on.

We have 3 kids ages 8,7, and 3. The two older ones will be going into 4th and 2nd grade next school year. My soon to be second grader has been diagnosed with ADHD and has a 504 plan here in CT. Im wondering if anyone has recommendations for certain public schools in the area knowing this? Also, in CT, kids ages 3-4 typically go to a private preschool 2-3 AM's a week for 3-4 hours. Is there anything like that in FL? I keep hearing about the pre-K option but my youngest won't be there yet.

We looked at jupiter and Wellington when we did our initial visit. We really like Wellington and got a family feel from it but don't think we can go back to a 40 min + commute. We ESP liked Rialto and Egrets Landing in Jupiter (larger lot sizes) and am wondering if there is a strong sense of neighborhood and community in either of these? I'm hoping my kids and I will meet other families and kids quickly.

Egret has a ridiculous amount of kids! I have seen that place on Halloween and kids are in the thousands!

Old 04-11-2015, 07:29 AM

@skylinet, my husband works for UTC and will be off of Pratt Whitney Way (beeline hwy?)

Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 4,555 times
Default Rialto vs Egret Landing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyr2002 View Post

Both Rialto and Egret Landing are very family friendly communities. Egret is older and some homes back up directly to other homes. Rialto is new and generally has bigger lots. Both have good amenities although Rialto trumps Egret with the quality of its amenities. However, you have to consider the HOA. Egret is $100 pm and Rialto is $296 pm.
Regarding schools:
Rialto - Limestone Creek Elementary (rated B+ and 9) and Jupiter Middle School (rated A and 9)
Egret Landing - Jerry Thomas Elementary (rated A and 8) and Independence Middle School (rated A and 9)

Old 04-24-2015, 04:34 PM

11 posts, read 29,757 times
Allyr2002 ~

The link below is for Palm Beach Schools and will give you a ton of information. Under the "school" tab you can find the school ratings, Limestone is an A rated school and has been for over 10 years. Also, look into Palm Beach Counties School of Choice programs ~ there are wonderful schools throughout the county that might suit your children better then the "home" school they would be slated for.

Welcome to the School District of Palm Beach County

The following link can be used to plug in an address to find out what school the kids would go to.

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions ~ good luck & welcome to our cute little beach town
!

Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 AM

96 posts, read 188,664 times
There is a wonderful gated community in the Shores development called North Fork. Are you familiar with it? It is a little older than Egret but well established with mature landscape and larger lots, many on lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach