Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 935 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will appreciate everyone's help that has any ideas or suggestions about moving to Palm Beach county or Piermont / Nyack NY.
Coming from Europe, I have been working in NYC for the past 15 years and live in NJ. I am getting tired of NYC and would like to explore other possibilities. I am in my 40s, female and love Palm Beach county and also the quiet Piermont NY. I am little scared of not making a mistake and try to take the right decision.
I have noticed that a lot of people on this forum are very well informed and would appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 10:05 PM

6,888 posts, read 11,279,469 times
Smile Line of work? Budget?

Are you able to work remotely?

Have you visited Palm beach County in the past?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:01 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,226,794 times
Piermont New York is not the quiet little town you think it is! In the summer and most weekends, it is invaded by tourist who seem to swarm to the main drag and just take the area over. You definitely need a vehicle and parking is so limited that you have to buy a parking permit from the town. Hurricane Sandy flooded most stores on the main drag and almost everything to the east of main street (towards the Hudson River.) But yes, when you visit Piermont it seems like a place you would like to live until your there!!!

As far as Palm Beach County, there as so many places to choose from that you could spend several weeks looking and still not know what to do. Of course, if you would post a little more about your self, married, single, children, monthly budget, do you need a job, etc... other posters should be able to assist you. Try these websites for some info www.myflorida.com and www.stateofflorida.com

BTW = just my opinion, but if you want something like Piermont try Fort Lauderdale round the Los Olas area. Not a quiet area or town, but something in the middle between NYC and Piermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach