Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2015, 07:15 PM
 
14 posts, read 26,658 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Thank you for your replies. Still researching the area. What are the best public schools in Palm Beach county? I've only been looking at Jupiter schools, but are there any other reputable ones? Or districts that you would recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM
 
Location: IL
147 posts, read 173,609 times
Reputation: 114
Wow @ebn78…thanks for posting that thread link.
It's funny…I'm from NC, my husband from IL, which we now live, which he told the first night we met, in NC, that he was moving back to Chicago as soon as he could…I followed him to a couple states and we made it back to IL in 2005. Fast forward to 2015, we've been in our home we built since 2007, two kids later, we've decided it's best for the 4 of us to get out of the Midwest. Yes, Chicago is awesome, so much "culture," things to see, awesome schools, awesome summers, sucky winters. It breaks my heart when my 5yo looks out the back patio door asking when it's going to stop snowing. Yes, we do what we need to do when it's freaking freezing outside and miserable, but we can only take so much. It's affecting our attitudes, our way of life. We love the sun, we love the heat, we love the water. And yes, we want a nice neighborhood, awesome schools, and nice weather, to be able to enjoy the outside most of the year, bugs, humidity, heat, and all. We'll take it. We want to be and stay where we will be for the rest of our lives. Instead of waiting til we're 65, we want to move, NOW. Thankfully, we're just waiting on a job opening for my husband, we're not in a hurry, but we're ready to go when the opportunity shows itself. I get SO excited when I think about moving to FL, we just got back this past weekend from roadtrippin' up and down A1A, from Jupiter to Miami. We think we know where we want to be.
Reading posts like yours make me laugh. You come off very negative about those of us who would like to/or have moved to FL. Maybe you should use all this negative energy some where else? Have you traveled anywhere outside of FL? I can assure you, if/when we move to FL, you will not have to worry about us causing such a ruckus as you have described. Thank you for allowing us to visit and possibly live in YOUR state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 06:27 AM
 
17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Reputation: 29617
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmerthy View Post
Wow @ebn78…thanks for posting that thread link.
It's funny…I'm from NC, my husband from IL, which we now live, which he told the first night we met, in NC, that he was moving back to Chicago as soon as he could…I followed him to a couple states and we made it back to IL in 2005. Fast forward to 2015, we've been in our home we built since 2007, two kids later, we've decided it's best for the 4 of us to get out of the Midwest. Yes, Chicago is awesome, so much "culture," things to see, awesome schools, awesome summers, sucky winters. It breaks my heart when my 5yo looks out the back patio door asking when it's going to stop snowing. Yes, we do what we need to do when it's freaking freezing outside and miserable, but we can only take so much. It's affecting our attitudes, our way of life. We love the sun, we love the heat, we love the water. And yes, we want a nice neighborhood, awesome schools, and nice weather, to be able to enjoy the outside most of the year, bugs, humidity, heat, and all. We'll take it. We want to be and stay where we will be for the rest of our lives. Instead of waiting til we're 65, we want to move, NOW. Thankfully, we're just waiting on a job opening for my husband, we're not in a hurry, but we're ready to go when the opportunity shows itself. I get SO excited when I think about moving to FL, we just got back this past weekend from roadtrippin' up and down A1A, from Jupiter to Miami. We think we know where we want to be.
Reading posts like yours make me laugh. You come off very negative about those of us who would like to/or have moved to FL. Maybe you should use all this negative energy some where else? Have you traveled anywhere outside of FL? I can assure you, if/when we move to FL, you will not have to worry about us causing such a ruckus as you have described. Thank you for allowing us to visit and possibly live in YOUR state
While EBN78 was ranting, I think this is a similar message but more humorous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5paRXNWVg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2015, 07:41 AM
 
Location: IL
147 posts, read 173,609 times
Reputation: 114
Yes, every time I watch this video it cracks me up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2015, 05:18 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,072 times
Reputation: 10
Those in Jupiter school high school system...please explain like or dislikes any difference between Jupiter and Palm beach assigned high schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2015, 05:50 PM
 
87 posts, read 360,909 times
Reputation: 52
Default Jupiters Awesome!

We moved here 4 1/2 years ago from the Northeast to Jupiter after much research. I had a eight grader and a fourth grader. All elementary public schools are great here. Middle schools are a different animal though with Independence & Beacon Cove MS (both located in Abacoa (which is an area in Jupiter) and Bak (Performing school of the Arts) rated as best. Everyone wants Jupiter Community High School over Dwyer High School for HS. Something I learned when I moved here was: If you Lived in Abacoa (which is a beautiful young family neighborhood) you get the best elementary school (Lighthouse, early elementary) and (Independence and Beacon Cove Middle School)...BUT you are zoned for DWYER HS...Sometime families decide to move after Middle school to get Jupiter HS or try to get their child in a CHOICE Magnet program to keep them out of the regular mainstream population. I am jut telling you what I learned as I came here, that said...My kids love it here!!! Outside most of the year and active and the beaches gorgeous. A lot of the diversity and a wonderful friendly family area. Hope this helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2015, 09:01 AM
 
18 posts, read 33,468 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReniHope View Post
We moved here 4 1/2 years ago from the Northeast to Jupiter after much research. I had a eight grader and a fourth grader. All elementary public schools are great here. Middle schools are a different animal though with Independence & Beacon Cove MS (both located in Abacoa (which is an area in Jupiter) and Bak (Performing school of the Arts) rated as best. Everyone wants Jupiter Community High School over Dwyer High School for HS. Something I learned when I moved here was: If you Lived in Abacoa (which is a beautiful young family neighborhood) you get the best elementary school (Lighthouse, early elementary) and (Independence and Beacon Cove Middle School)...BUT you are zoned for DWYER HS...Sometime families decide to move after Middle school to get Jupiter HS or try to get their child in a CHOICE Magnet program to keep them out of the regular mainstream population. I am jut telling you what I learned as I came here, that said...My kids love it here!!! Outside most of the year and active and the beaches gorgeous. A lot of the diversity and a wonderful friendly family area. Hope this helped.
In your opinion, would you say independance is better than jupiter middle?? And how do you compare Jerry thomas with limestone creek elementary ?? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 05:44 PM
 
17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Reputation: 29617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirednypd View Post
In your opinion, would you say independance is better than jupiter middle?? And how do you compare Jerry thomas with limestone creek elementary ?? Thanks

Jerry Thomas has been great for years, but Limestone has a gifted program.
Independence has the academies, Jupiter Middle has a lot of Guatamaleans (spelling).
Jupiter High has almost 3000 kids, Dwyer buses from less desirable areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 08:36 PM
 
Location: FLORIDA
8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
Reputation: 3462
Jupiter is pretty nice. I'd never want to live in South FL but if I HAD to, I'd say Jupiter would be my first choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 PM
 
18 posts, read 33,468 times
Reputation: 27
So you would say independance is better than jupiter middle and jupiter high school is ALOT better than the others around with the exception of sun Coast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top