Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:58 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am visiting my niece and her husband for one week. She is expecting her first child and I'll be visiting during her appointment where she will learn the gender of her child.

So this is very exciting for all of us!

I want to take them out for a nice dinner on Mother's Day and on my niece's birthday. I am a vegetarian - they are not.

What are some suggestions of restaurants that would accommodate both?

Are there any special places that we could visit? Any cute baby clothes shops? Anything special to do?

I've never been to Lake Worth, although I've been to Delray Beach and Boca. My niece graduated from FAU.

From what she says, she does not live near the beach. I do want to visit the ocean at least once - I live in Ohio. What is the closest beach to the newer part of Lake Worth? They live in a gated community.

Are there any interesting museums, attractions or sights that I should take in while visiting?

Also, I'd like to visit an arty section of Lake Worth and perhaps visit a veg friendly restaurant for lunch.
I have seen a few. Which is best?

Thanks so much and I look forward to visiting your beautiful city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 06:57 AM

469 posts, read 576,986 times
Stay indoors.

I went to college in Lake Worth and if the areas I drove through to get to it and if the neighborhoods around the campus were any indication of the city as a whole...let's just say I wouldn't want to raise a family there. We would get constant crime alerts from the college. It's not Boca or Delray. The downtown area is pretty nice though from what I've heard so you might want to check it out.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:04 PM

How helpful of you...

And how patently ridiculous.

Last edited by sheena12; 05-04-2015 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 08:07 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
sheena, for a beach visit check out gulfstream park. very small, clean and feels very quaint even though it is in a populated area. just get there early as parking is limited. it is south of lake worth but not as far as delray. it is my favorite beach by far...for vegetarian fare i like darbster (west palm and boca locations), but unfortunately (fortunately for me as i am vegetarian) it is vegetarian only ...

Old 05-06-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
sheena, for a beach visit check out gulfstream park. very small, clean and feels very quaint even though it is in a populated area. just get there early as parking is limited. it is south of lake worth but not as far as delray. it is my favorite beach by far...for vegetarian fare i like darbster (west palm and boca locations), but unfortunately (fortunately for me as i am vegetarian) it is vegetarian only ...

Thanks! I am not a strict vegan - but most people seen to relate the word "vegan" more than "vegetarian" - I will visit Darbster!

Gulfstream Park sounds like the kind of place I'd enjoy!

Thanks for a helpful post!

I am really looking forward to some sun!

Old 05-07-2015, 12:00 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
I am also a vegetarian, but not vegan. Darbster is an excellent place to go. The one in Boca is better than the one in Lake Worth. It just doesn't have parking like they do in Boca.

A great place to go in Lake Worth is downtown on Lucerene and Lake Street. There are tons of restaurants, even a Natures Way restaurant which have vegetarian choices. Tons of shopping, dog stores and grooming, coffee shop with great music and the list goes on. Most weekends, they have events down there too. When I was there recently, they had street painting which was fantastic~!

Old 05-09-2015, 02:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,679 times
Default Re: best restraurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Hi! I am visiting my niece and her husband for one week. She is expecting her first child and I'll be visiting during her appointment where she will learn the gender of her child.

So this is very exciting for all of us!

I want to take them out for a nice dinner on Mother's Day and on my niece's birthday. I am a vegetarian - they are not.

What are some suggestions of restaurants that would accommodate both?

Are there any special places that we could visit? Any cute baby clothes shops? Anything special to do?

I've never been to Lake Worth, although I've been to Delray Beach and Boca. My niece graduated from FAU.

From what she says, she does not live near the beach. I do want to visit the ocean at least once - I live in Ohio. What is the closest beach to the newer part of Lake Worth? They live in a gated community.

Are there any interesting museums, attractions or sights that I should take in while visiting?

Also, I'd like to visit an arty section of Lake Worth and perhaps visit a veg friendly restaurant for lunch.
I have seen a few. Which is best?

Thanks so much and I look forward to visiting your beautiful city!

Hi,

First of all Many Congratulations to you and your family!

You will find numerous place to visit near Lake worth. Lake Worth Florida is a cozy, charming and wonderful area by the sea with a colorful, artistic and cultural landscape. The eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, art galleries and unique specialty shops means there is never a shortage of things to do.

You can try visiting these places:

Lake Worth Playhouse
John Prince memorial Park
Hulen Mall
Ridgmar Mall

There are number of restaurants that you will love visiting

Rustico Italiano Restaurant
Dave's Last Resort & Raw Bar
Couco Pazzo

I am providing you some relevant sources through which you can discover wonderful places in Lake Worth and West palm beach:

Downtown Lake Worth Reviews - Lake Worth, FL Attractions - TripAdvisor

Shop and go antiquing in Lake Worth | Visit Lake Worth, Florida

Two George's - at The Cove Coupon, Discount & Menu - 1754 Southeast 3rd Court Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

http://www.opentable.com/fl/lake-worth-restaurants

Old 05-09-2015, 08:31 AM

25 posts, read 62,388 times
You will not be far from Citiplace, lots of shops and restaurants. We like to grab coffee at Starbucks and sit by the fountain. There is entertainment on the weekends. Enjoy!

Old 05-09-2015, 10:36 AM

Thank you all for your kind suggestions!

I love the Art Deco look of the Lake Worth Playhouse, maryjacksonjackson 31!

It seems that there are so many good options in terms of places to dine. I've been looking at Lake Worth and for the most part it looks like a lovely place.

Departing tomorrow morning and I'm so excited to see my niece, her husband and to be in sunny Florida!

Old 05-17-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Stay indoors.

I went to college in Lake Worth and if the areas I drove through to get to it and if the neighborhoods around the campus were any indication of the city as a whole...let's just say I wouldn't want to raise a family there. We would get constant crime alerts from the college. It's not Boca or Delray. The downtown area is pretty nice though from what I've heard so you might want to check it out.

What college is in Lake Worth? Palm Beach State? Isn't that a community college? Or mostly a community college with one or two bachelors programs? Yes. That's what I thought.

My niece and her husband moved to Lake Worth FROM Delray because the schools in their area are better. I happen to love Boca and Delray as vacation destinations.

My relatives live in a lovely home in a gated community. I am guessing that you did not drive around in there - or in any of the communities because they are gated.

I never saw this college while I was visiting Lake Worth. My relatives are grads of Florida Atlantic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach