U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:18 AM

57 posts, read 156,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVG_Steve View Post
K

I do not know anything about the Jacksonville area so I cannot be much of a help. Just remember with real estate everything is location, location location. So if areas are lagging there is usually a good reason for that.

I also disagree we are near the peak here. I believe we are in a neutral market, meaning prices are high but can go higher but not as the rapid rate of appreciation we have seen. I do not think they are heading lower either, because interest rates are low and going lower. the 10 year bond fell nearly 1/4 point the past 2 weeks and the economy is not doing great, so despite the federal reserve lip service on raising rates, their hands are tied plus the fed does not control long term rates.

Put it this way I personally would be selling some of my properties if I thought we were near a peak. When cash flow ROI gets 4% or below then we will surely be overvalued. Right now we are still in the 5 to 6 % cash flow ROI range when buying desirable property in desirable areas.
I agree with your assessment, which is why we want to get in before it is no longer neutral. Even if it stays neutral for quite a while. I mean, technically, it should stay "neutral" in the long run, as housing prices have tracked inflation for the last 100 years (except for the occasional bubble and bust.) I figured the only way we would gain appreciation above inflation in this market is to pick an area that is going to get more "desirable" over time, but again, have limited knowledge of south florida.

It would be a mistake for the fed to raise its rate target while inflation is still below the target and unemployment is still above the target, but sometimes they do dumb stuff. I sure hope they hold off until after we purchase. I know it won't be a 1:1 effect, but it does have some correlation, historically.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or