U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:10 PM

8,964 posts, read 7,001,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina702 View Post
Yes, but that's because you live in BOCA.. where many New Yorkers have moved...

I call it... little NY... actually.
So true
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 05:41 PM

34 posts, read 55,276 times
Hi John, What neighborhoods do you recommend in Boca for young family with 2 kids? Seems like you have a great feel of this place!

Old 03-24-2016, 12:33 AM

83 posts, read 60,303 times
HELL HOLE!!!
HELL HOLE!!!
HELL HOLE!!!

This places is absolutely INFESTED with the dreaded NE Patriot fan-slug.
Not to mention the NY/NJ Giant Never-mores and Washington 'Thick-Skins'!
Go Away!

Old 05-08-2016, 08:58 PM

368 posts, read 356,844 times
Default I prefer East of 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoninka View Post
Hi John, What neighborhoods do you recommend in Boca for young family with 2 kids? Seems like you have a great feel of this place!
If I were moving with young ones I would prefer East of 95 to locate. You really can't go wrong in Boca no matter where you settle. Location just eases the congested rush hour traffic. If you can find something close to shopping, schools etc. life can be easier. Great small city,clean,safe, beautiful.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:10 PM

5 posts, read 4,549 times
It's paradise from Mother's day until November. Then when all the snow birds show up our motor vehicle accidents triple, congestion is ridiculous and the roads are terrible. All from the drivers from up north, not from your locals.
Depending on what you're used to in housing and neighborhoods you will find everything down here. You want a nice luxurious house with property ? move in western Palm Beach County. You will still have a short 15 min ride to the beach yet have your own space with the amenities that you might be accustomed to. Like the city life then check Fort Lauderdale or northern Dade county.
We have a bit longer humid weather season than NY/NJ area but it cools off at night. We do have a cold spell during the "winter" where you might have to turn the heat on or get an electric blanket.
As for transient? Sure, just as transient as NY/NJ is but remember to discount the snow birds, they own property and return every year. Love em but sure wish they could drive...

Old 05-10-2016, 02:08 PM

469 posts, read 461,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDee73 View Post
It's paradise from Mother's day until November. Then when all the snow birds show up our motor vehicle accidents triple, congestion is ridiculous and the roads are terrible. All from the drivers from up north, not from your locals.
When I was living in PBC it always seemed to me that the "locals" were from the northeast, originally at least. i don't recall ever meeting someone from Boca that was actually born there and had lived there their whole life. That's not to say there aren't any, of course, I just never met anyone that was.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:20 PM

10,745 posts, read 3,281,392 times
I lived there 8 years and met 3 people that had been born in FL. 3. That's it.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:34 PM

368 posts, read 356,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDee73 View Post
Depending on what you're used to in housing and neighborhoods you will find everything down here. You want a nice luxurious house with property ? move in western Palm Beach County. You will still have a short 15 min ride to the beach yet have your own space with the amenities that you might be accustomed to. Like the city life then check Fort Lauderdale or northern Dade county.
We have a bit longer humid weather season than NY/NJ area but it cools off at night. We do have a cold spell during the "winter" where you might have to turn the heat on or get an electric blanket.
As for transient? Sure, just as transient as NY/NJ is but remember to discount the snow birds, they own property and return every year. Love em but sure wish they could drive...
Western Palm Beach County is a short 15 minute ride to the beach? What is that by helicopter? Last I knew Western Palm Beach County borders the Everglades. Try driving Glades or Palmetto Park Rd from 441 to the beach,it won't be 15 minutes. Ft Lauderdale is city life? Its a sprawling overbuilt mess imho. Snowbirds help keep the taxes lower for property owners so thats a positive for me. Curious why certain individuals try to mislead and steer people away from Boca.Who cares how many natives live in Boca? Maybe they don't trust nosy types asking personal questions. If you're trying to paint Boca as a transient,overpriced,snowbird,mistake you're way off.The entire state swells with snowbirds,Disney,Spring training,etc. Boca is a well planned,orderly,clean,safe, small city.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:41 AM

622 posts, read 760,651 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymatter46 View Post
HELL HOLE!!!
HELL HOLE!!!
HELL HOLE!!!

This places is absolutely INFESTED with the dreaded NE Patriot fan-slug.
Not to mention the NY/NJ Giant Never-mores and Washington 'Thick-Skins'!
Go Away!

Old 05-30-2016, 07:02 AM

4,941 posts, read 5,992,389 times
There are plenty of areas of Boca that are bad.
Especially The Sandalfoot area and areas of Boca Del Mar.
(I believe Boca Del Mar is not within the city limits of Boca.)

If you stick to the actual city limits of Boca (many people don't know there's a difference) and stay away from Dixie Hwy, you're generally ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or