Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:49 PM

782 posts, read 754,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaverso View Post
Very inaccurate.
Austin Harrouff (aka Jupiter Face Eater) was high on Flakka, which was supposedly in decline in SoFla but like bath salts, some other street drug will soon be the rage.

While I didn't see people high on drugs every day of the week, it's surely a problem just as PBSO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 2,252 times
my apt isnt all that great and it's around 1400 for 2br. i moved from jacksonville and prices down here are crazy

Old 11-17-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkn1ght View Post
my apt isnt all that great and it's around 1400 for 2br. i moved from jacksonville and prices down here are crazy
A lot of 1 bedroom apartments that are in the nice areas, newer construction is pushing that if not more.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:07 PM

3 posts, read 2,460 times
Palm Beach is very expensive to live in. Rent is high, 1 rent a small 3 bd 2 bath house in a fair area for 2000 a month, electric is around 200 - 250 month, gas is higher here, food is higher here, and crime is out of control. Stay away from Palm Beach County.
Palm Beach County is the USA's #1 area for drug rehab houses. 2 weeks ago we had 28 overdose deaths in Palm Beach.
Move to the carolinas.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:58 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,608,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman3871 View Post
Palm Beach is very expensive to live in. Rent is high, 1 rent a small 3 bd 2 bath house in a fair area for 2000 a month, electric is around 200 - 250 month, gas is higher here, food is higher here, and crime is out of control. Stay away from Palm Beach County.
Palm Beach County is the USA's #1 area for drug rehab houses. 2 weeks ago we had 28 overdose deaths in Palm Beach.
Move to the carolinas.
Palm Beach County is large. This is a far too generalized statement and highly inaccurate. Palm Beach is the 3rd richest city in the country....

Old 11-26-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Palm Beach County is large. This is a far too generalized statement and highly inaccurate. Palm Beach is the 3rd richest city in the country....
Median rent in Palm Beach County around year ago was $1,520/month, when I left this past spring it was rising and I heard from friends we have that the rents jumped up even more, so this data is not accurate.

Rents in South Florida are toughest in U.S. - Sun Sentinel

If you want to live in a safe area, where what little jobs there are in PB County, odds are you're going to pay for it. PB County is not a cheap place to live when you look at what it costs overall, median wages are on average too low to sustain it.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman3871 View Post
Move to the carolinas.
My electric in the summer would hit near $150.00, due to the A/C but during the winter it was round $60-80 depending on how hot it was, winter 2015/2016 was warmer on average and the cost went up.

Little to what people believe when they hear "FL" they think it's cheap in PB County, well I agree with you it's not at all, salaries are low and quality jobs are sparse.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:12 PM

3 posts, read 2,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
BNBR -
THE only reason Palm Beach is as you said the 3rd richest city in the country, is Palm Beach with its multi million dollar homes. If you can afford those homes it is very safe.
But......for the most of us, we have to live off the island in reality where the crime is out of control, drugs are basically everywhere, rent is very high, utilities are high, etc.....
I have lived in Palm Beach County since 1988, I can not wait to retire and move to West North Carolina.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:26 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,307,816 times
You are all incredibly dramatic. For the people (like the one above, claiming crime is out of control)... crime in the county has actually gone down DRAMATICALLY since the 1980s. This is an undeniable, verifiable fact per FBI published statistics. Just like it has throughout the United States.

I sometimes think some people see their personal decline in health and age and project it on the community as a whole.

The average weekly wage in Palm Beach County is $924. Here's an actual guide aggregating statistics as to what a "livable" wage would be in county:

http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/12099

If you want to live alone, do the math from there. The average rent for a home or apartment in a decent area is going to be 1100 + Budget at least 150$ for car insurance, and $200 for utilities (if you live in a condo or townhome, some utilities will be rolled into the rent).

Old 12-03-2016, 02:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,843,958 times
I'd say $50k+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach