Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 12:45 PM

16 posts, read 33,610 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Originally from southeast PA and relocated for work to central FL 3 years ago. Relocating again end of 2016 for work to southeast FL. Search is narrowed down to Hobe Sound and Jupiter. "A" rated high school with girls lacrosse and close proximity to the beach(es) are top of the priority list. We'd consider a condo or apartment as well, if that'll get us even closer to a beach. Would like to keep my numbers around $300K. Any and all input, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 02:47 PM

234 posts, read 387,801 times
Jupiter has a lot more going on in term of restaurants and nightlife. Hobe Sound seems very quiet and isolated even in relation to the other Martin County communities further north. Homes in Jupiter are generally more expensive than the homes in Martin County. Hobe Sound is close to very nice beaches on Jupiter Island where many very wealthy people own homes.

If you are ok living a little further north I would recommend Stuart or Jensen Beach as your money will go further and you will have access to nice beaches and A rated schools. Stuart and Jensen also have nice downtowns and seem more lively than Hobe Sound.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:29 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Not to politicize the thread but you'll find a significant difference between Jupiter and Hobe Sound being from a relatively progressive area like SE Pennsylvania/Philadelphia metro area. Jupiter will feel more like home most likely while Hobe Sound and areas to the north in Martin County are more similar to Central Pennsylvania in terms of being a good bit more conservative/red state. If that's not a concern obviously overlook it, but it's a facet of life that can be an adjustment if not comfortable with being surrounded by belief systems you're not in tune with.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
If you are ok living a little further north I would recommend Stuart or Jensen Beach as your money will go further and you will have access to nice beaches and A rated schools. Stuart and Jensen also have nice downtowns and seem more lively than Hobe Sound.
Initial area thoughts did include Stuart, however, I'm a bit concerned with travel time just to get to Turnpike/I95. My territories are going to be Palm Beach, Broward and Dade, so I'd like interstate access to be about 15 minutes from our home. Have any local travel insight?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Not to politicize the thread but you'll find a significant difference between Jupiter and Hobe Sound being from a relatively progressive area like SE Pennsylvania/Philadelphia metro area. Jupiter will feel more like home most likely while Hobe Sound and areas to the north in Martin County are more similar to Central Pennsylvania in terms of being a good bit more conservative/red state. If that's not a concern obviously overlook it, but it's a facet of life that can be an adjustment if not comfortable with being surrounded by belief systems you're not in tune with.
Good info! We lived just west of center city Philly and really enjoyed the convenience of shopping, restaurants, etc.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:27 AM

623 posts, read 965,226 times
$300,000 in Jupiter will get you a townhouse or condo or a SFH in Jupiter Farms

Old 11-15-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
$300,000 in Jupiter will get you a townhouse or condo or a SFH in Jupiter Farms
Is Jupiter Farms a nice area of Jupiter?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:43 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Moved thread to the Palm Beach Forum.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:36 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
We looked briefly at Hobe Sound. Very very very quiet. We were also surprised how long it took us to get from I95 to the city (we took an exit that was a 2 lane road). It took us about 15/20 minutes to get there & that was during a weekend. Don't know what it would be like during rush hour during the week.

We visited the public beach during our drive and went around the neighborhoods on US 1. We decided to stay put and keep our home in Weston. Weston has strict zoning and we're just used to it. Along US 1, there were mobile home parks down the highway from the developments we looked at and although the public beach was nice, it was blanketed with people and families and dogs in what seemed to be in constant motion. It wasn't peaceful at all. Too bad we don't have the money to live in the stratesphere of Jupiter Island & its private homes & beaches.

Anyway, we also looked at Jupiter and we also felt for the money to just stay put. Jupiter Farms is close to the Turnpike and is rural in look and nature. Some roads are paved, some not. Some homes are well kept, some not. They are on nice, large lots. It just wasn't for us--we just didn't like that farm-like feel. The section we liked the best in Jupiter was Egret Landing--a lot like our neighborhood in Weston, well manicured, well maintained and landscaped, with a reasonable monthly HOA fee. That was the other thing about Jupiter, the HOA fees. You'd see something in your price range (we wanted to go no higher than $350k) & then we'd see the HOA fees and walk away.

Also, Jupiter is very quiet. For any serious dining & entertainment, you go to Palm Beach Gardens. Good luck!

Old 11-15-2015, 09:10 AM

17,277 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCPM View Post
Initial area thoughts did include Stuart, however, I'm a bit concerned with travel time just to get to Turnpike/I95. My territories are going to be Palm Beach, Broward and Dade, so I'd like interstate access to be about 15 minutes from our home. Have any local travel insight?
With that territory you do not want Stuart/Hobe Sound.....it will add 20-40 minutes to your ride each way!

Palm Beach Gardens or Jupiter is the call
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach