Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Port Orange, Florida
67 posts, read 469,038 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

I'm debating on moving to WPB. I'm 34 and single and want nightlife and work. how is WPB for both of those things? What is the median age or age range in WPB? i'm a legal secretary...how is work there for that profession? Also i like clubs and shopping....how is WPB for that? any feedback would be greatly appreciated....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
I'm debating on moving to WPB. I'm 34 and single and want nightlife and work. how is WPB for both of those things? What is the median age or age range in WPB? i'm a legal secretary...how is work there for that profession? Also i like clubs and shopping....how is WPB for that? any feedback would be greatly appreciated....
There is nightlife but that depends on your definition of "nightlife". To some people nightlife is fine dining with high end pubs and shopping, to others it's the club scene with loud music and dancing. If you want that you'll have to go to the South of WPB as it's not Miami Beach. There is some new clubs opening downtown WPB but they seem to come and go like the wind.

Age range is 30 something to low 40's or so.

Lot's of places to shop in the area.

If your talking the WPB area or just the city that's two different things.

Job market right now is not too good, the salaries here tend to poor based on the high cost of living. Lot's of lawyers so you may get lucky but competition for jobs is strong due to the downturn in the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Reputation: 484
Where are you coming from? Have you been to South Florida before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Port Orange, Florida
67 posts, read 469,038 times
Reputation: 23
No i never have been to South Florida. I just relocated to Florida from Chicago....actually i miss city life!.....but how is south florida for a 34 single pretty female....haha, i am pretty, but i'm laughing cuz nothing like givin props to myself....lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
 
94 posts, read 367,904 times
Reputation: 33
Default Re WPB

WPB is great. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to the niwits who tell you to live in WPG - it's a suburban hell. I'm a little older than you and live in the downtown area and love it (I was in Dallas before so I known about the big to little city transition). City Place is fun and though more oriented to shopping a few new night life options have opened up recently. Same with Clematis and then if you want there's some good (upscale) options on Palm Beach.

Does depend on your budget though - a 2 bedroom in a good downtown building will run $1500 - 2000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Gator View Post
WPB is great. Do yourself a favor and don't listen to the niwits who tell you to live in WPG - it's a suburban hell. I'm a little older than you and live in the downtown area and love it (I was in Dallas before so I known about the big to little city transition). City Place is fun and though more oriented to shopping a few new night life options have opened up recently. Same with Clematis and then if you want there's some good (upscale) options on Palm Beach.

Does depend on your budget though - a 2 bedroom in a good downtown building will run $1500 - 2000
What is "WPG"?

Clematis was hot in the late 1990's up to 2002, then it died. The latest rebirth may turn it around, but that wait's to be seen. Pizza Girls has great pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Reputation: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
What is "WPG"?

Clematis was hot in the late 1990's up to 2002, then it died. The latest rebirth may turn it around, but that wait's to be seen. Pizza Girls has great pizza.
I'm assuming he's referring to 'Palm Beach Gardens'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 AM
 
Location: Port Orange, Florida
67 posts, read 469,038 times
Reputation: 23
what does Pizza Girls having great pizza have to do with anything??????????????????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Palm Beach, FL & Napa, CA
2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Reputation: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
what does Pizza Girls having great pizza have to do with anything??????????????????????????????????????????
They were Legal Secretarys, gave up on the profession and started making delicious pies and became millionaires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 AM
 
94 posts, read 367,904 times
Reputation: 33
Anyone been to Forte on Clematis? Opinions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top