Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:55 PM

6 posts, read 20,486 times

Advertisements

Hi! Looking to move to Delray Beach area? (Will consider West Palm Beach and Boca Raton)
Any suggestions on kid friendly neighborhoods/subdivisions to look into? I Have 2 children!
My budget is around $750,000. I would love the neighborhod to be gated with amentiies but I don't want or need a country club.

I have looked into Casa Balla which looks to have good schools, any advice on this area or any others!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times
The bridges /seven bridges, Saturnia Isles.
Club like amenities without the equity.
Do you need to be close to anywhere for work or anything?

Old 04-25-2017, 09:27 PM

530 posts, read 666,924 times
Why do so many people desire gated communities? If you check the crime statistics between gated and non gated areas you will see that gates do nothing but make people feel "exclusive" but that's about it.
There are some communities that are gated and then there are gates within the gates and there is still plenty that goes on despite the gates, the guards and the patrols.

With a budget of $750,000 you ought to find something very nice in west Boca. There are some really nice communities with young families where you may be very happy!

Old 05-08-2017, 01:24 AM

6 posts, read 20,486 times
Thanks for responding. I don't need to be close to anything. Just wanted a family friendly area with good schools and safe.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:16 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,824,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenaults1 View Post
Thanks for responding. I don't need to be close to anything. Just wanted a family friendly area with good schools and safe.
Hmmm... Weston

Old 11-19-2017, 04:27 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,445,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Why do so many people desire gated communities? If you check the crime statistics between gated and non gated areas you will see that gates do nothing but make people feel "exclusive" but that's about it.
There are some communities that are gated and then there are gates within the gates and there is still plenty that goes on despite the gates, the guards and the patrols.
So true and well said!!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:41 PM

782 posts, read 759,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post

With a budget of $750,000 you ought to find something very nice in west Boca. There are some really nice communities with young families where you may be very happy!
Lived in one while in the West Palm Beach Area, gated community, HOA fees were $300 to $600 a month depending on how big your home/lot was. We hand 24/7 manned gate, one way in/one way out. No fence, but security patrolled the area in a golf cart. No real high fence to keep people out, and people would often tail gate in through the guest entrance. We lived in an affluent area and still had issues, theft, PBSO helicopters flying over with spot lights on, PBSO with K9 and sirens blaring looking for people in the community who just tried a carjacking or robbery.

Never had any break-in or issues ourselves, most thefts inside were people who left their cars unlocked and personal items on the seat, iPad or handbag, local kids who were bored stole the items or their friends visiting.

Now there is more secure gated communities out there, a few in Jupiter have armed guards, sensors and cameras all over the place to detect people breaching the fence and they will shoot you.

$750K in Boca is almost probable will be in a gated community, possibly with ultra high CC membership being a requirement.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:08 PM

21 posts, read 47,933 times
Lake Ida neighborhood in East Delray!!!! EXCELLENT

Old 03-04-2018, 01:44 PM

15 posts, read 14,384 times
I also live on Lake Ida in Rainberry Bay 5 minutes from downtown just love the area!

Old 03-05-2018, 06:49 PM

8 posts, read 11,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3165 View Post
I also live on Lake Ida in Rainberry Bay 5 minutes from downtown just love the area!
Lake Ida is a great neighborhood, but aren't the zoned schools pretty bad? If he has a family, that should be a major concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach