U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:42 AM

242 posts, read 267,125 times

Advertisements

I am wondering how kid friendly is the area west of the Florida Turnpike in Boca? I don't care about being close to the beach.

What are these areas like for a family to live in. Is there a lot part time residents there. To me is seems like Boca in General is becoming more year round. Also is there any communities to avoid?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 10:04 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,234,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
I am wondering how kid friendly is the area west of the Florida Turnpike in Boca? I don't care about being close to the beach.

What are these areas like for a family to live in. Is there a lot part time residents there. To me is seems like Boca in General is becoming more year round. Also is there any communities to avoid?
Very kid friendly, depending on the community. Most SFH communities are the ines that attract families and kids. Condos? Not so much. Also, technically, Boca west of the turnpike is really not Boca, but unincorporated Palm Beach County. Gets technical regarding police services, cost of Beach permits and other things I can't think of right now.

I have friends that live just west of Jog Road and west of Palmetto Park Road. Boca Falls/Boca Winds/Loggers Run communities. Mix of families and empty nesters. Looking at the west side should buy you more for your money.

The area that I wouldn't bother looking in is around 441, south of Judge Winikoff Road. It's known as the Sandalfoot area and sadly, the homes have not aged well. My former employer used to have an office there in the early 90's and it was fine. However, the years haven't been so kind. Good luck!

Old 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM

5,100 posts, read 8,074,201 times
West Boca is pretty decent overall. Especially west of 441 near Glades and Yamato. Lots of nice communities with family life dominating. Mission Bay has a lot of nice communities, mostly gated. Like another poster said, avoid the 441 and sandalfoot area. It's just dumpy overall. A trailer park feel if u will. Just meh. Stay north of Palmetto Park rd and west of 441. You'll be good.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:23 PM

I am trying to focus on certain areas so it sounds like this area in general will be a good area to focus on.

I have been looking at Stonebridge and boca west as communities. Both them are equity country communities but I play a lot of golf so they are very attractive to me. I am aware the monthly fees and equity issues but that is a different issue. The area in general looks pretty good to me either way.

How is the area if your Catholic vs other areas of Boca Raton. We have been looking at central Boca in areas like woodfield.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:57 PM

12,588 posts, read 14,723,325 times
Quote:
I am trying to focus on certain areas so it sounds like this area in general will be a good area to focus on.

I have been looking at Stonebridge and boca west as communities. Both them are equity country communities but I play a lot of golf so they are very attractive to me. I am aware the monthly fees and equity issues but that is a different issue. The area in general looks pretty good to me either way.

How is the area if your Catholic vs other areas of Boca Raton. We have been looking at central Boca in areas like woodfield.
Stonebridge is all old people and predominantly Jewish. Real estate is cheap for those two reasons!

Woodfield Hunt is older homes not a ton of kids, Woodfield Country Club is newer/more kids but also it is more money than Hunt.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:44 PM

What areas of boca raton will Catholics be welcome in my thought was boca raton was prett diverse.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
What areas of boca raton will Catholics be welcome in my thought was boca raton was prett diverse.
Boca Bath and Tennis on Military Trail and Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club.

Boca is very Jewish:

Wikipedia comparison of surrounding cities:
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: 24,377 Jews live in Fort. Lauderdale.
Pembroke Pines, Florida: approximately 19,988 Jews live in Pembroke Pines.
Weston, Florida: approximately 18,000 Jews live in Weston.
Plantation, Florida approximately 11,275 Jews live in Plantation.
Davie, Florida approximately 11,228 Jews live in Davie.
South Palm Beach Metropolitan Area, Florida: approximately 122,000 Jews live in all of South Palm Beach (Boca Raton and Delray Beach).
Boca Raton, Florida: Approximately 64,660 Jews live in Boca Raton.
Delray Beach, Florida: Approximately 57,340 Jews live in Delray Beach.
West Palm Beach Metropolitan Area, Florida: approximately 94,000 Jews live in West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County from Boynton Beach to Jupiter).
Miami Metropolitan Area, Florida: approximately 123,000 Jews live in Miami, an increase from 113,000 in 2004.
Miami Beach, Florida: Approximately 15,000 Jews live in Miami Beach.
Aventura, Florida
Tampa Bay Area, Florida: approximately 60,000 Jews live in the Tampa Bay area.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:12 AM

having a lot Jewish in an area doesn't mean there are not lots of Catholics and Christian's in the area. I see plenty of churches in boca and quite frankly I don't think there is any area where Jewish outnumber christians.

Christian area sometimes is not the best place to be if you catholic either. For instance try being a catholic in Utah. Usually You see a lot dialogue between Catholic Churches and Jewish temples to solve local issues.

Also the average age of jewish is south florida is something like 68 or 70 and are retiree's. People are not retiring to florida like they were so there is a lot demographic switches going on.

Last edited by frisco19542; 08-24-2017 at 08:21 AM..

Old 08-24-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
having a lot Jewish in an area doesn't mean there are not lots of Catholics and Christian's in the area. I see plenty of churches in boca and quite frankly I don't think there is any area where Jewish outnumber christians.

Christian area sometimes is not the best place to be if you catholic either. For instance try being a catholic in Utah. Usually You see a lot dialogue between Catholic Churches and Jewish temples to solve local issues.

Also the average age of jewish is south florida is something like 68 or 70 and are retiree's. People are not retiring to florida like they were so there is a lot demographic switches going on.
Lived and worked there for 17 years.......attended a Catholic HS there also. The Catholic high school will have less than 800 kids and most are from non-Boca school districts (Deerfield, Lighthouse Point, Delray, Boynton). Parents in subpar districts will send kids to Pope due to the cheaper tuition than other area private schools. There also are more Temples in Boca than the 3 Catholic Churches.

Property Appraiser, Palm Beach County, Florida, USA

Type in an address, then click on map. You can look at every neighbor on a street and make your own determinations. Stonebridge will be very jewish. Royal Palm will not.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:34 PM

134 posts, read 136,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Stonebridge is all old people and predominantly Jewish. Real estate is cheap for those two reasons!

Woodfield Hunt is older homes not a ton of kids, Woodfield Country Club is newer/more kids but also it is more money than Hunt.
It's cheaper because more Jews live there? Take your anti-semetic comment and shove it. That's a very dis-respectful comment and it happens to be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach