Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 01:51 PM

100 posts, read 103,958 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm considering moving to a mobile home park. It could be anywhere in the country. I currently live in Florida and have visited several parks already, but they have not been what I'm looking for.

I'd like to find a community, preferably in California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas or Florida, where most of the homes are less than 20 or so years old, the landscaping is top notch, the clubhouse, fitness center and other amenities are modern and spacious, etc. - a park that looks and feels new and stands above the rest. Can any of you recommend such a place? Is there a park in Florida or Arizona, for instance, that's sort of common knowledge that everyone knows is out of the ordinary?

I know this is just the Palm Beach area forum. Is there a forum for general questions of national interest?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 05:55 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,424,256 times
Well Briny Breezes is on the intracoastal or ocean, depending which side of A1A you’re on.

As for fitness centers etc I have no clue. Lush landscaping? No. Clean? Yes.

And the Ocean is right there.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:54 AM

Wouldn't it be great to live right on the ocean or intracoastal like that? I actually checked out Briny Breezes a while back, but the prices, understandably sky high, were more than I wanted to pay. And I recall there was so little space between units...and the community was, shall we say...very "vintage" or "classic."

Old 02-25-2018, 04:15 AM

68 posts, read 121,845 times
A mobile home on the ocean in Florida?!
(one word for ya & it starts with an H...)

Old 02-25-2018, 08:53 AM

Yes, the mobile homes in Briny Breezes are close together. Much too much for comfort!!

No, it is not the ‘hood or whatever you mean, almond. If you’re referring to race, it’s about as snow sunburned white people as can be. Many snowbirds, retirees, Canadians and children of former owners and owners. They tend to keep these in the family.

That area still has old school motels and small homes and duplexes.

A friend of mine has a tiny duplex across from the ocean. There are small Old Florida homes down the street.

Some of the area is slightly funky, but not ‘hood by any means. Just Old Florida Beach style.

Up until the 80s there were plenty of mobile home parks on the intracoastal in Delray. They were not dumpy and full of lowlifes; mainly snowbirds, many from Canada. It was like going back in time to the 50s-60s. Everything was quaint and clean. I remember one park had a community clothesline area.

This became a condominium complex now called Kokomo Key.

In the late 80s things changed. By the 90s things we’re getting bad, and by the 2000s all but a very few had been demolished for development.

There is a mobile home park in Delray on Atlantic and Barwick. It’s not the hood- many snowbirds and retirees. It’s old and clean but by no means would be what you’re looking for, OP. Just more Old Florida, which is actually kinda nice to see !

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 02-25-2018 at 09:10 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 07:10 PM

I think Almond meant hurricane.

I found this on the internet and there are a few really outstanding mobile home parks in Arizona on the list:
https://www.retirenet.com/top100/

Also found on that list or elsewhere what seems to be a really nice mobile home park in Florida between Tampa and Orlando:
The Hamptons Golf & Country Club | Sun Communities, Inc.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:44 PM

981 posts, read 900,742 times
i love the briny breezes, ride my bike up there almost every day. and the new coffee truck is awesome. it is definitely vintage, but that’s what i like about it. unfortunately, out of my price range and i dont there there would be enough room for the six foot four husband, three dogs, and six cats. very sad the empty lot has been sold, i’m sure they are going to build some over the top huge mcmansions .

Old 02-25-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolwalrus View Post
I think Almond meant hurricane.

I found this on the internet and there are a few really outstanding mobile home parks in Arizona on the list:
https://www.retirenet.com/top100/

Also found on that list or elsewhere what seems to be a really nice mobile home park in Florida between Tampa and Orlando:
The Hamptons Golf & Country Club | Sun Communities, Inc.
I wasn’t even thinking of that lol.

Shows you where my mind is!

And I guess I’ve been through enough hurricanes here to know that the worst damage often occurs inland.

My friend’s duplex was built in the 50s and nothing’s really happened to it over the years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those trailers in Briny Breezes were from the 50s-60s!!!

In any case, sorry if I ranted a bit. Carry on!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:24 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpoolwalrus View Post
Hi. I'm considering moving to a mobile home park. It could be anywhere in the country. I currently live in Florida and have visited several parks already, but they have not been what I'm looking for.

I'd like to find a community, preferably in California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas or Florida, where most of the homes are less than 20 or so years old, the landscaping is top notch, the clubhouse, fitness center and other amenities are modern and spacious, etc. - a park that looks and feels new and stands above the rest. Can any of you recommend such a place? Is there a park in Florida or Arizona, for instance, that's sort of common knowledge that everyone knows is out of the ordinary?

I know this is just the Palm Beach area forum. Is there a forum for general questions of national interest?

Thanks for any input.
For General interest you can post in the Real Estate or Home forum.

Here' a nice one in Boyton Beach which is nice, it's like a co-op where you own the land so there is not lot rent just a smaller HOA fee.https://www.jbrbb.com/

Old 02-27-2018, 06:41 PM

Check out the Eden RV Resort in Hudson, Florida.

I’d never heard of it; it was just on the news.

I won’t tell you why. More fun if you just google it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach