Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 764 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I rented an apartment here in West palm beach, after moving to Florida from Philadelphia. Unfortunately, we broke up a week ago, and I was under the impression, he was moving in to his parents house in North Palm Beach, at the end of the month. I gave him my half of the rent, and shortly after was told by his mom, that I needed to leave. I ignored her and him, but I was just told that he terminated my lease without my consent Paid the 3k ,used my half of the rent to do it and I have 4 days to leave! How can you terminate a lease without the other tenants consent or notifications? Other wise, why would anyone sign a lease with someone? We were together for 4 years, and poof now I am homeless?
What is going on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 05:46 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
So go back and resign a new lease on the same place......

Old 01-14-2019, 05:42 PM

108 posts, read 181,576 times
Hmmmm......"boyfriend". Guessing maybe the lease was in his name only since you weren't married? Yeah, go sign another lease, unless your credit ect. isn't good enough to qualify. Dunno what you'd do at that moment. If you gave him cash, I dunno what you can do about him stiffing you out of your half. Good Luck.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 3,458 times
You're leaving out a ton of critical info. Did you contact whoever you're renting it from? If you are indeed on the lease, it is illegal for them to terminate it without you signing. Did he forge your signature? And he paid 3k to whom and for what? To pay the landlord the remainder of the lease? If that is true, then the apt is yours until the end of the lease. Something doesn't make sense. There should be no way you have 4 days to move out, even a rightful eviction takes 2 - 6 months. This seems a wrongful one. Consider yourself lucky to be rid of him. This dirtbag obviously didn't fall far from the tree. Unless there's a lot more you're not telling us.

Hey, I'm leaving my Philly apt. for Palm Co in a few months, it's very nice, lease up end of June.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:25 AM

293 posts, read 500,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divebitch View Post
even a rightful eviction takes 2 - 6 months.
not sure where you are getting this false information, a legal eviction in Florida is 4-5 weeks

Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVG_Steve View Post
not sure where you are getting this false information, a legal eviction in Florida is 4-5 weeks
When my friends Vinny "Bats" and Tony Toughguy stop by most people move out in 4-5 minutes!

I saw an eviction by a bank a few years back. Nice house, 1mm+ in a gated golf community. Guy lived there 10+ years, bank foreclosed on the house and gave him 5 days to get out. Bank agent showed up with 2 deputies and the guy was still there! He had dishes in the sink, food in the fridge and he looked at the cops and welcomed them in. He gathered up about a duffle bag of possessions and walked out the door and drove away. Guy left everything from furniture to tvs to a whole office of paperwork/files. Bank took two truckloads of stuff out of there, all to the dump.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:22 AM

4 posts, read 3,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVG_Steve View Post
Hey, IDK what the laws are in Florida. Some (most?) states, and we're talking non-payment of rent, it's longer than 2 months. For other violations, it may be shorter. Let's say I have a lease Jan - Dec. Rent due Jan 5 is not paid, just considered late, pay $20 fine. It's only until you don't pay by Feb 5 that they start threatening. So while you may be correct that a legal eviction takes 4 - 5 weeks, the process cannot commence until 2 months after rent is not received (March), and often the process (at least in Philly and Chicago) takes a couple months. That's why most places require 3 months down (1st month rent, 1 month security, and last month ride out). Anyway, in a small jurisdiction, it's probably quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach