U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 06:44 AM

12,668 posts, read 14,919,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
[b]

There was a poster here -- a snowbird or sheltered retiree -- who would ALWAYS tell me how wrong I was when I would post the same info.

Boca is like most places, it's got its good parts and it definitely has its bad parts. I would guess people who do a quick walk through may not even know they are in a potential bard part, in some cases.

Visit. Multiple times. Day and night. Drive around. You'll figure it out.
Where Boca gets a bad rap is the wannabe wealthy from the scamming stockbroker or glamour girl realtor with the 5,000 sq ft house and no furniture, driving a leased car with bald tires telling you how rich they are.

Plenty of losers from NY/NJ/CT who lived in dumpy houses their whole life show up in "Bocurrr" to live the dream in their 2/2 west Boca condo that they paid 150K for. Suddenly they get entitled like the sunshine is a direct link to God or something!

Just ask someone who is a cashier or waiter/waitress about how many declined Amex Gold Cards they see every week or at the gas station how many flashy cars get $5-10 worth of gas......

There is true wealth there but for every millionaire there are 10 "thousand-aires" trying to be that millionaire!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2020, 10:07 AM

4,944 posts, read 6,193,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Where Boca gets a bad rap is the wannabe wealthy from the scamming stockbroker or glamour girl realtor

Plenty of losers show up in "Bocurrr" to live the dream in their 2/2 west Boca condo .they get entitled!

Just ask someone who is a cashier or waiter/waitress about how many declined Amex Gold Cards they see every week or at the gas station how many flashy cars get $5-10 worth of gas......
Well said and sadly sooooooooooooo true

Old 02-08-2020, 10:16 PM

4 posts, read 970 times
You are better off going to Delray. You can find beautiful homes, very creative homes, along with nice beaches and nice restaurants. If you happen to stop-by go to Ocean Grille, the menu is cheap but the food is amazing. It totally depends on your preferences, but usually a place near the beach is a go-to.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:19 PM

4 posts, read 970 times
Default Delray

Delray is a nice area to live in, very beautiful homes, beaches, and a lot to do. There has been some art shows there too. If you need any more help just let me know.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 513 times
I live in delray on linton in between congress and military. It's my first home and after living here for a year, it's been great. Traffic is getting bad but that's S Florida. The worst about living here is hearing sirens all the time on average once a day. I understand I live a mile away from the medical center. Only drawback I would say.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,152,867 times
Hi SoFlo

We want to start looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo - townhouse in the East Delray area. We have a 9 year old Golden Retriever that will be coming with us. Any suggestions on what Neighborhoods or complexes allow no restriction pets?
Appreciate any help you can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLBreeze View Post
The area in Delray is by Linton between Congress and Military off Via Verona and Germantown Rd.

I live very close to that area. Happy to answer any questions you want to send my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach