Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 09:05 PM

106 posts, read 136,882 times

Advertisements

Canyons off Lyons and Boynton Beach Blvd are a great option. Lake Charleston is also an area worth looking into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 09:18 PM

22 posts, read 39,590 times
Thanks! Looking not to be too far out west and with low, under 200 per month HOA.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerali View Post
Too bad you aren't a realtor! I could use your help. I'm going to look in Boynton. Boca is getting too much crime coming from the south not north. Any areas you suggest? I know Chapel Hill is good but don't know anything west of there. Thank you!
You are slightly off base on your "crime analysis." Boynton has plenty of crime issues in the city and surrounding. Lake Worth, Greenacres and Boynton all have issues with immigrant gangs from MS13 to Haitian gangs. A guy was resentenced last month for a shooting/murder at the Boynton Mall on Christmas Eve. Judge threw 5 more years on his sentence.

Boca gets crime from the south because it is the first town over the county line, criminals can easily cross the county line but the police agencies can't do it as freely (they need help from other local agencies/warrants).

Old 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Too bad you aren't a realtor! I could use your help. I'm going to look in Boynton. Boca is getting too much crime coming from the south not north. Any areas you suggest? I know Chapel Hill is good but don't know anything west of there. Thank you!
I'm not a fan of Boynton at all, but if you like it, stay west of Jog, and as far south as you can.
Stay away from the mall, or east. They've been trying to clean it up for years, but east Boynton is bad.
I suggest you rethink Boca.

I agree with Cityguys' post.
Gangster wanna-be's think everyone in Boca's walking around with $100K cash in their pockets.... so that attracts loser thugs.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 02-22-2019 at 06:16 AM..

Old 02-22-2019, 03:01 PM

Thanks! I'm thinking Deerfield Beach, The Cove area. Love all the beach has to offer there for walking etc. Also, love that the Cove is close to the beach and established. I agree about Boca, not good and Boynton may not be either. What do you think of Deerfield? I had originally been thinking of Sebastian or Brevard but never spent time there.

Last edited by Camerali; 02-22-2019 at 03:19 PM..

Old 02-22-2019, 03:40 PM

Thanks City Guy 997S!!! Wow, Ms13! No thanks. I'm liking Deerfield more and more! Lighthouse point maybe?

Old 02-22-2019, 06:22 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Thanks City Guy 997S!!! Wow, Ms13! No thanks. I'm liking Deerfield more and more! Lighthouse point maybe?
Lighthouse Point is great, but stay away from major roads

Old 02-22-2019, 08:40 PM

216 posts, read 271,921 times
Quote:
Thanks! I'm thinking Deerfield Beach, The Cove area. Love all the beach has to offer there for walking etc. Also, love that the Cove is close to the beach and established. I agree about Boca, not good and Boynton may not be either. What do you think of Deerfield? I had originally been thinking of Sebastian or Brevard but never spent time there.
Brevard is going to be more quiet and you will get more bang for your buck in real estate. Deerfield will be close to a lot more dining/shopping/activities. It will also bring dealing with a healthy amount of traffic/heavy crowds at times. Really depends on if you want more quiet or easier access to entertainment. If the beach is important, personally I think Deerfield's is nicer than any of Brevards.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:08 AM

18 posts, read 20,636 times
Thanks Libertad06. I'm liking what I'm hearing about Deerfield's beach. Quiet may be more important than crowds and beaches. Good air quality is also very important. Brevard has it's crime as well but may be a slower pace and friendly people in general which might suit very well. No Trader Joe's though...
Thank you CFBS91. I will stay away from major roads in LHP. I'll be looking into these 3 areas.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:08 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
The biggest misconception I see regularly on CD is that Boca is a Beverly Hills type area. It's not. Sure there are some 10mm homes, plenty of flashy cars but not 1/10th of a Beverly Hills or even Palm Beach.

Boca has trailer parks, low income government housing, crappy condos. Plenty of regular blue collar/middle income people live there also! Lots of NY/NJ types like to promote it as swanky/wealthy area to try to impress their friends/family up north but I'd say that it is probably 35% of the area and 65% regular people.

Just to prove the point, you can buy a regular 1/1 condo in Century Village for 29K. The cheapest place in Beverly Hills (1/2) was 799K. Both found today on Realtor.com.

So East Boca (east of US1) is million dollar+ stuff, the country clubs can be big money but the rest is just regular houses at inflated prices. You literally can buy the identical house in Pompano Beach that you can buy in Boca. Sure the house will be 100K more in Boca but its not like it will be a mansion! Both houses will be 1/5 acre lot, 1300 sq ft ranch house built in the 60s.

One interesting thing, the country clubs can have a huge negative effect on values. In Boca West there are dozens of condos listed for $500-10,000 as full price. Why? You have to join the country club for $70,000 and pay the annual dues of 10-12K. So people looking for a 2/2 condo don't want to pay 100-200K for the condo then pay the club fees so the sellers are forced to give the condos away. The cheaper they sell it, the faster they themselves can stop paying the dues! Boca Greens/Woods have had similar issues but not to the extreme of Boca West. Boca West is beautiful, like 5 golf courses, top notch place but expensive.

I lived in Boca for 16 years. Biggest employer in the town for years was IBM, guys making 50-100K as white collar IBMr's living in 200K houses driving Fords/Chevys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach