Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 AM

8 posts, read 47,131 times

Advertisements

Im considering a move to Jupiter . Of course I need to visit a few times. Can someone recommend a nice hotel near the beach as well as restaurants and parks to check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 03:00 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
I'd recommend one of the hotels on PGA. It's in the Gardens,which is just South of Jupiter, but they're right in the middle of a variety or restaurants and 10 minutes to the beach. There's plenty of other nice hotels in the Jupiter/PBG/Singer Island area though.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:15 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,107 times
I recommend the "Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa" directly on the beach. I really enjoyed staying there although it's more expensive than nearby accommodations in Jupiter/Juno/PBG.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,651 times
Depends on your budget. Jupiter Beach Resort (pricey) is on the beach at Indiantown Rd. A little further south there is Holiday Inn Express (US1 and Donald Ross Rd.) There is also a Hampton Inn on the west side of US1 at Donald Ross Rd. There is a little cafe right across the street and many restaurants 5 - 10 minutes away. There are 3 or four other restaurants near by such as The Thirsty Turtle which is a neighborhood bar that serves food. On the east side of the US1 just north of Indiantown Rd. is a The Hurricane Cafe - food is good and they are open for lunch. There is a La Quinta Inn on the Intercoastal Waterway and Indiantown Rd. There are several parks, the beach, Jupiter Pier, the turtle museum all in this general area and it is about a 10 minute drive to the Gardens Mall, Abacoa, Jupiter Inlet and many of the housing communities are within 10 - 15 minutes.

Traveling with a family; I prefer a suite. There is a Homewood Suite at Indiantown Rd and Central Blvd. (drive time to the beach is 7-8 min.) Starbucks across the street. There is also two restaurants in the plaza next to the hotel. One is a Chinese restaurant that is very good.
Abacoa and Roger Dean Stadium are 5 min. from this hotel. I-95 is less than 5 min.

There are several hotels on Indiantown Rd. near I-95. But I consider these traveling hotels, (you are driving from point A to B, are tired, and you stop for the night). Hotels are nice, just not as much fun as having the ocean and beach outside your hotel.

Further south on PGA Blvd. - there is a Marriott, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Hilton Garden (new hotel in Downtown at the Gardens - next to the Gardens Mall)

There are some excellent restaurants on and around PGA Blvd. I recommend Zuccharelli's -(a little further west on s. side of PGA Blvd just east of FL Turnpike near Ballenisles Drive.

Other restaurants in this area:
Panera Bread (sandwich shop) sourth side of PGA west of Military Trail
Too Jays (breakfast and lunch) 1 location in the Downtown at the Gardens Shopping Center, other location in the Bluffs Shopping Center - US1 at Marsincki Rd.

There is an Italian Market at the corner of PGA Blvd and Prosperity Farms Rd. called Carmine's Italian Market
They have great pizza, pastries and prepared foods along with regular grocery store items.
There is harbor behind the store, and two restaurants. One is called Noche - the other La Trattoria opens for lunch and you can sit on the patio within feet of the harbor.

On PGA Blvd. at the Intercoastal there are three or four restarants that have waterside seating. I have not eaten at all of them - but the Waterway Cafe is very nice.

If you go north on US1 to the Jupiter Inlet - there are two restaurants at A1A - US1 that have waterside seating. Jettys and The Crab House. The food at Jettys is excellent and higher in price, The Crab House is more casual and they often have live music. But sitting on the patio in view of Lighthouse watching the boat traffic through the inlet is very enjoyable and relaxing.

Enjoy your visit to the area.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 PM

141 posts, read 453,672 times
Definitely check out abacoa part of jupiter. My wife and I just bought a home in palm beach gardens right across the street from abacoa jupiter and we love it because we get the best of palm beach gardens and jupiter.

You definitely need to check out PGA blvd as others have mentioned, here are some great places to try on PGA:
Gardens Mall
Yard House (located in downtown at the gardens, across the st from the gardens mall)
waterway cafe
vic and angelos (located in pga commons)
riverhouse (try their wood grilled shrimp, their steak is really good too)
for shopping there is legacy place, downtown at the gardens.

Be sure to google/research these places on your own first. Also, you can find good places to eat on yelp.

Goodluck

Old 02-22-2010, 12:23 PM

847 posts, read 3,520,291 times
We moved to Jupiter recently and stayed at the new Palm Beach Marriott Resort at Singer Island. All of the rooms are suites with kitchens, it is a beautiful property and was wonderful to come back to after a day of house hunting!
There are great restaurants all up and down PGA Boulevard.
River House
Yard House
Panama Hatties and Rum Bar
Duffy's Sports Bar-casual but good food.
TooJays
Cabo Flats

Welcome to Jupiter!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 PM

Singer Island isn't Jupiter. The beaches are very beautiful there. But you have to be very careful how you get to Singer Island. If you take Blue Heron across you will go through a high crime area.
Better to take PGA to the Island.

Best expensive hotel in Jupiter is Jupiter Beach Resort. Best moderate priced hotel on the beach would be Holiday Inn Express (it is just feet away from the beaches) Homewood Suites on Indiantown Rd. is a suite hotel but it is NOT on the beach (10 minutes drive to the beach) but it is close to everything else.

There are at least four hotels on PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens that are also convient to Jupiter. Marriott, Embassy Suites, Doubletree and a brand new Hilton Garden at Downtown.

There are also two hotels on Indiantown Rd. off of I-95. There is a Best Western on Federal Hwy south Indiantown Rd. which is on the Intercoastal.

If it were just my husband and I traveling and money was not an issue I would choose Jupiter Beach Resort. If I was traveling with children I would choose Holiday Inn Express if I wanted to be on the beach - or I would stay at Homewood Suites that has kitchens and a separate bedroom and make the short drive over to the beach.

Welcome to Jupiter, I hope you and your family loves it as much as we have in the 30 or so years we have been here.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM

28 posts, read 59,459 times
Hi I have a question. I couldn't find a homewood suites on Indiantown road only in Palm Beach Gardens on Donald Ross Road. Is it the Fairfield Inn Suites you all are talking about that is on Indiantown Road in Jupiter? I'm looking for a nice place to stay with my husband and kids around Jupiter.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:38 AM

The Homewood Suites is on Donald Ross Rd at Central Blvd. I have stayed at Fairfield Inns - they are nice hotels - but I would pick the Homewood Suites due to the location. You are close to Abacoa, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter - you have good restaurants, Starbucks and Publix (grocery store) right there. For the nights you don't want to go a restaurant Publix Deli sells great fried or rotisserie chicken with 2 pints of salads such as Pototoe, Macaronni, Cole Slaw etc and rolls for $10.00 - add a bag of salad mix or some fruit -and you have a pretty good meal for the family for about $15.00.

The beach from Homewood Suites is about a 10 minute drive - if you want right on the beach look at the Holiday Inn Express on US1 just south of Donald Ross Rd.

Have fun and enjoy your visit.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,283 times
I've been in Jupiter for about 7 years and love it!!! Close to lots of things to do and still a "small town" feel. The La Quinta in Fisherman's Wharf is an inexpensive and good hotel, close to the beach and other Jupiter and Palm Beach County attractions. Hope this helped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach