Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times

Advertisements

THX, do you live in Wellington? You seem to know a lot about it. And I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 AM

304 posts, read 856,166 times
cobb county area...good schools apparently property tax approx 1-2% in between

Old 04-23-2008, 09:45 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
THX, do you live in Wellington? You seem to know a lot about it. And I agree.
Yes, I live in Welly World.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
cobb county area...good schools apparently property tax approx 1-2% in between
Cobb County is a nice area, Marietta, Kennesaw and etc.

Positives: Good schools in the right areas, people will be friendlier then here, somewhat affordable homes (depends on location), lower cost of ownership of a home, lot's of companies, growth and jobs, nice airport (though quite a drive from Cobb County). Lower car insurance rates. Doesn't get too cold and snow is a rarity. Lot's to see and do, sports teams and etc. There are more but the top ones I can think of.

Negatives: Pollen Count, if you have allergy problems it can be brutal. Traffic is bad, road systems are not being updated to handle the population growth (outside the perimeter). Personal Income tax 6%, Ad Valorem Tax on your Car(s), you have to drive in Atlanta as it's so spread out unless your comfortable and can shop/work and etc near where you live ad in current gas prices.

New construction varies in quality, some homes are slapped together cheaply with poor quality of workmanship (that again depends on your standards).

Some areas are plagued by poor ordinances/codes or just are not enforced, which leads to somewhat a dumpy appearance around people's homes, ie junk cars, furniture on the porch and etc. not everywhere but you will see it for sure in areas without an HOA. Sidewalks and places to walk are minimal compared to here. No water, a few lakes but the drought lately has hurt that.

The "Real South" though that is changing with the influx of people from elsewhere, I found some people I met outside of of the perimeter that still thought it was 1863. That may be hard for some people to tolerate, depends on the person.

I can go on, you have to look at what you want and see if it's a good fit. I lived in the Atlanta area briefly a number of years ago, I liked some of what it had to offer but realized it was not a good fit at the time and left.

Also look at Peachtree City and Alpharetta to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach