Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 08:14 PM

981 posts, read 900,142 times

Advertisements

It’s all relative. We just moved to Jupiter from East Delray, and Jupiter feels so wide open with less congestion, and definitely less angry drivers. I see some busy roads at times, but nothing I would call actual traffic. I do miss some of the big box stores and downtown element of Delray, but that brings even more crowds. I don’t think that Jupiter / Tequesta area has lost it’s more rustic feel, especially at the beach - at least not yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 02:28 PM

215 posts, read 200,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
Jonathan's Landing (as is Admiral's Cove) is a super bubble. It's a small city inside Jupiter. Pretentiousness and snobbery is what it's all about there so NO THANKS.
if you think those two enclaves are pretentious, try frenchman's creek on for size!

Old 09-09-2021, 03:33 PM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1974 View Post
if you think those two enclaves are pretentious, try frenchman's creek on for size!
Frenchmans and Admirals are both places I'd never live..........miserable residents of both.

I've thought Jonathans was nice the few times I've been there as a guest but the real estate isn't great (lots of wood frame junk)

Old 10-25-2021, 09:49 PM

12 posts, read 8,322 times
You're not wrong, Jupiter has become way too busy. Used to be a great place. Now its overrun. There is one large condo right on the beach, Ocean Trail. The others along beach road are very dense and across the road, but still ugly.

Old 10-29-2021, 03:27 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Jonathan's Landing is nice, & my relatives who live here LOVE it, & have lots of friends. Many are affluent snowbirds from Connecticut, but not pretentious my relatives claim...just the opposite. This has been their experience...just 2 people's opinion. They've been here for ~7 years...big golfers, quite affluent, so they don't even flinch at the home prices.

Real estate prices are sky high though. I'd estimate ~2x the prices of Southern Sarasota County, in a similarly situated community. I can't speak to the build quality. They have a CB home, & have had no issues. I see a couple homes under construction, & they are cinder block. I have no idea what the rest are, but my relatives home is very nice, & I enjoy staying in it when we visit. The restaurant is very good, and the golf courses are very nice. They even have a privately owned/operated marina on property for boaters.

They have a nice Publix shopping center just outside the gate, & lots of nice restaurants closeby. It is quite congested, and everyplace is crowded right now. I-95 is a dangerous and scary highway to be avoided as much as possible.

I wouldn't live here because I don't golf anymore, I'm too frugal to pay these prices, & the area's too congested, too but I can see the appeal for very affluent golfers from up East. Once you are inside the gates, you are in a quiet, safe, & nicely manicured bubble. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:09 AM

a bit harsh if not pedantic, lad.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:13 AM

thank you for being open-minded and providing non-judgemental observations. it's was enlightening to read your piece.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:08 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1974 View Post
thank you for being open-minded and providing non-judgemental observations. it's was enlightening to read your piece.
If you are speaking of my post then thx. We'll be going back over to Jupiter after the season ends. Probably mid-April to visit for 3 days.

If you wid up there, please let us know your thoughts.

Southern Sarasota county is ~10 years behind Jupiter for population density and traffic, so I'll enjoy it over here in SW FLA while it lasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach