U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 12:19 PM

165 posts, read 491,329 times

Advertisements

I drove through a part of Jupiter to get to the beach, and frankly, it was not easy. There were all of these high rises and the traffic was pretty bad. It took a long time to get to the beach, snaking down this little two lane road and through a gate to get there. Is my impression correct or should I give it another chance?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 10:56 AM

12,640 posts, read 14,865,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeacon View Post
I drove through a part of Jupiter to get to the beach, and frankly, it was not easy. There were all of these high rises and the traffic was pretty bad. It took a long time to get to the beach, snaking down this little two lane road and through a gate to get there. Is my impression correct or should I give it another chance?
All these high rises? Jupiter doesn't have a single condo actually "on" the ocean!

Beaches have been closed for a couple of weeks and traffic has been generally light due to Corona closed businesses.

None of your post makes any sense.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:30 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,781,647 times
i did see a few joggers on the beach. ?

Old 04-12-2020, 11:09 PM

165 posts, read 491,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
All these high rises? Jupiter doesn't have a single condo actually "on" the ocean!

Beaches have been closed for a couple of weeks and traffic has been generally light due to Corona closed businesses.

None of your post makes any sense.
No, the business district had high rises and was very busy. The two lane road to the beach had some one story homes, etc, but it just seemed to take a long time to get to. I was there last year.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeacon View Post
No, the business district had high rises and was very busy. The two lane road to the beach had some one story homes, etc, but it just seemed to take a long time to get to. I was there last year.
Jupiter doesn't have a business district with high rises......Palm Beach Gardens has the one new building at I95 (Carrier AC company headquarters) and the FAU has a couple of mid rise buildings.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:42 PM

11,818 posts, read 3,580,358 times
Jupiters too crowded, try another place. Jupiter was great 15 years ago, but now its Sardinesville. I'm there once or twice a year to visit family in Jonathon's Landing. Its great inside the gates, but once you leave the compound, its hell.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:09 PM

206 posts, read 149,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Jupiters too crowded, try another place. Jupiter was great 15 years ago, but now its Sardinesville. I'm there once or twice a year to visit family in Jonathon's Landing. Its great inside the gates, but once you leave the compound, its hell.
100% correct ... and sad also! I wanted to relocate to north Jupiter some years back. But now? Hell no! Add to that the insane cost of living, over-inflated real estate and BIG thanks to all the super rich entitled Golf Pros who moved there recently.... sad.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:56 PM

206 posts, read 149,682 times
Jonathan's Landing (as is Admiral's Cove) is a super bubble. It's a small city inside Jupiter. Pretentiousness and snobbery is what it's all about there so NO THANKS.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
100% correct ... and sad also! I wanted to relocate to north Jupiter some years back. But now? Hell no! Add to that the insane cost of living, over-inflated real estate and BIG thanks to all the super rich entitled Golf Pros who moved there recently.... sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
Jonathan's Landing (as is Admiral's Cove) is a super bubble. It's a small city inside Jupiter. Pretentiousness and snobbery is what it's all about there so NO THANKS.

Odd comment since east Jupiter has been a wealthy area for years. Burt Reynolds lived in Jupiter in the 70s, Perry Como the singer moved there in 1972........both lived there before Tiger Woods or any of the younger golfers were even born......Kid Rock has a house there but not sure where you would put him on your rich/entitled scale.

On the golf club communities you do realize that properties can be bought in there for 250-500K right? Not exactly mega bucks. Sure they have 10mm estates in both communities but they have plenty of average homes too.

South Florida coastal towns from Miami Beach to Stuart have always been pricey areas when compared to western alternatives.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:13 PM

106 posts, read 73,673 times
jupiter and palm beach gardens have become boca north, as far as i'm concerned. in 1984, it was a bunch of old salts and rednecks in rusty pick up trucks having bonfires right across from the ocean bluffs condos. the whole coast of jupiter is lined with multimilliondollar and older condos that need to have their premesis' repaired, like the Bluffs. indian pointe road resembles a commercial boulevard lite in fort lauderdale. frenchman's creek is filled with a bunch of folk who got sick of boca, miami, or lauderdale. one good thing is that there are so many snowbirds that between may through late november, the traffic and crowds are way, way less. they've really overdone it here and it's become garish and tacky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach