U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 08:20 PM

11,871 posts, read 3,788,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-staten island View Post
Of course you can live in Boca on 60k and it makes great sense to be as close to work as possible. Living East of 95 puts you in walking / biking distance to the beach, shopping, Library, future Brightline station, restaurants, etc,etc. HOA ‘s as mentioned cover exterior insurance which has gone thru the ‘roof’ in recent years in Florida. Most HOA’s include water/ sewer / garbage/ parking / lawn maintenance / building security etc so it’s not just paying for a pool. I’ve owned a property in E.Boca for only 16 years so I don’t proclaim to know it all, still learning in fact. The only thing I’m sure about is Boca is the best spot in SE Florida when comparing clean, safe, well run small cities with all the amenities...Good luck..
And what is the price of a condo east of 95 in a good area?

*crickets*

Hint: No one making $60K would EVER be able to afford it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 07:04 AM

109 posts, read 77,913 times
i would rent unless you can pay in cash. also, check out short sales and foreclosures. boca is a swell place. forget about living near the beach, though. a lot of folks are willing to live right on top of I-95 or Flor'da's Turnpike where prices will be significantly less. look at rundown condo apartments and negotiate the price down radically without fear. you never know. they might accept your offer, but that leaves you without a lot to spend as far as renovation is concerned. it might be beneficial to consider lake worth and/or wellington, as well. boca has a prestigious reputation and folks get overcharged for their willingness to reside there.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:03 AM

8 posts, read 1,695 times
Default Boca is the Good Life

I moved to Boca Raton from Nassau County in 2017, and it was the best thing I ever did. Boca is loaded with New York people, so you can bet on having great access to incredible food and entertainment. There's not really a ghetto part of Boca, maybe Sandalfoot on the Southwest edges, but overall there's very few 'bad parts'.

Unfortunately the 'rona has made buying a house difficult in Boca because all of NY, NJ, and PA are moving down here right now. The market is high, but you can find better deals just north in Del Ray or Boynton still if you grab a fixer-upper. And even with the crazy spike in home prices we're seeing in Boca recently, it's still cheaper than buying a home in NYC or Nassau. Highly recommend moving to Boca.

Old Today, 05:52 PM

4 posts, read 908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Isn't Florida blocking residents from the N.E. into the state now?

The locals are so sensitive. Lol. Don't let them bully you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach