U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2020, 11:12 PM

44 posts, read 12,385 times

Advertisements

West Palm Beach is a city that has great potential for developing tourism beyond the beach. For example, I feel that Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas should be preserved there as a hotel and museum ship. Also, I feel that the Song of America could also be potentially preserved there as a hotel and museum ship. Also, I feel that an observation tower using the Spiral Tower design should be built in West Palm Beach. The construction of the Texas State Aquarium and the arrival of the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi led to the development of tourism in the city beyond the beach. So, I could see a unique tower and an old cruise ship preserved in West Palm Beach as creating the potential to expand tourism in the area.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Celestyal_Olympia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty_of_the_Seas
https://www.timeout.com/news/this-ec...ur-city-071520
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 05:39 PM

12,588 posts, read 14,723,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc1664 View Post
West Palm Beach is a city that has great potential for developing tourism beyond the beach. For example, I feel that Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas should be preserved there as a hotel and museum ship. Also, I feel that the Song of America could also be potentially preserved there as a hotel and museum ship. Also, I feel that an observation tower using the Spiral Tower design should be built in West Palm Beach. The construction of the Texas State Aquarium and the arrival of the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi led to the development of tourism in the city beyond the beach. So, I could see a unique tower and an old cruise ship preserved in West Palm Beach as creating the potential to expand tourism in the area.
Well lets start with "WEST PALM DOESN'T HAVE A BEACH!"

Cruise ships are floating closets that breed disease, why would someone want to stay in one? Part 2: The Intracoastal waterway there is too narrow and way way way too shallow to get a ship up to the West Palm area.

My guess? You have never been to West Palm Beach.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

Cruise ships are floating closets that breed disease, why would someone want to stay in one? Part 2: The Intracoastal waterway there is too narrow and way way way too shallow to get a ship up to the West Palm area.

Are there any places in the Palm Beach area to dock a cruise ship.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:54 AM

4,944 posts, read 6,140,578 times
Quote:

Great post

Old 08-15-2020, 11:05 AM

12,588 posts, read 14,723,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc1664 View Post
Are there any places in the Palm Beach area to dock a cruise ship.
Yes, at the Port of Palm Beach which is actually in Riviera Beach. It is an industrial complex that is directly next to a powerplant. The nearest roads are Barack Obama Highway and Martin Luther King Blvd.

This area is a lot of things, but touristy is not one of them. Also the port is tiny compared to other ports so one permanent anchored ship would definitely hurt the flow of the port.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, at the Port of Palm Beach which is actually in Riviera Beach. It is an industrial complex that is directly next to a powerplant. The nearest roads are Barack Obama Highway and Martin Luther King Blvd.

This area is a lot of things, but touristy is not one of them. Also the port is tiny compared to other ports so one permanent anchored ship would definitely hurt the flow of the port.
The Port of Corpus Christi is next to the Texas State Aquarium, Downtown, and the USS Lexington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach