Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2020, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,146 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My wife and I are looking to move to Florida from a moderately rural part of Northwestern NJ. We are in our mid 30's and are expecting our first child, so schools will be an important criteria if stay long term. We were steered toward Boca / Delray for a number of reasons including good schools. I took trip down and looked at The Bridges, 7 Bridges, Boca Bridges, Lotus, Saturnia Isles, and Boca Falls.

My takeaway was that that I am not really comfortable with the small lots especially given that there isn't really any communal green space either.

In a search for me space I started looking at Parkland. Does anyone have an thoughts on the trade off between the two areas? My wife is concerned that there is not enough access to restaurants and shopping in Parkland.

EDIT: To add, does anyone have any thoughts on the potential ROI over 5 years on the existing GL communities vs Lotus and Boca Bridges?

Last edited by Olufsen; 08-12-2020 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 05:10 PM

3,269 posts, read 3,226,793 times
You have plenty of shopping and dining options in nearby Coral Springs just to the south of Parkland. And even better shopping to the north, in Boca. Both cities are right next door to Parkland.

If you want a more rural feel in SFLA with land, and you’re open to settling just a bit further south in Broward, look in western Davie or Southwest Ranches. Nice homes on large lots.

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2020, 05:17 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,729,392 times
I lived in Boca Raton for years, and I strongly urge you to consider Seminole or St. Johns counties for child-rearing instead of Broward or Palm Beach counties. I understand that you and your wife are from New Jersey and may feel more comfortable in Southeast Florida because every other person you encounter in that region is from New Jersey, New York or Pennsylvania. However, that does not make Southeast Florida a good place to raise children, at least in my opinion.

Many of the counties near Jacksonville and Orlando, in particular Seminole and St. Johns, have lower population densities than Broward and Palm Beach counties. As a result, these counties feature more natural areas, such as farms, meadows and woods, for example. Additionally, the housing stock is appreciably newer in suburban Orlando and Jacksonville; most cities in Southeast Florida have been completely "built out" for over 20 years now. On the topic of real estate, housing lots tend to be larger in size in Central and North Florida. In my opinion, the extra "breathing room" is very important when raising children, especially in a heavily populated state, such as Florida.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:04 AM

17,413 posts, read 22,168,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olufsen View Post
Hi all. My wife and I are looking to move to Florida from a moderately rural part of Northwestern NJ. We are in our mid 30's and are expecting our first child, so schools will be an important criteria if stay long term. We were steered toward Boca / Delray for a number of reasons including good schools. I took trip down and looked at The Bridges, 7 Bridges, Boca Bridges, Lotus, Saturnia Isles, and Boca Falls.

My takeaway was that that I am not really comfortable with the small lots especially given that there isn't really any communal green space either.

In a search for me space I started looking at Parkland. Does anyone have an thoughts on the trade off between the two areas? My wife is concerned that there is not enough access to restaurants and shopping in Parkland.

EDIT: To add, does anyone have any thoughts on the potential ROI over 5 years on the existing GL communities vs Lotus and Boca Bridges?
That 441 corridor is not desirable for anything. I lived in Boca Raton for 17 years. The "shopping/dining" options out there are all chain restaurants/stores.

ROI in 5 years is a dicey guess, the market is at an all time high so in the next 5 years I'd expect a correction more than a further rise in prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach