Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM

85 posts, read 59,169 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm considering a move to palm beach and am wondering how did everyone survive after the leafblower ban. It would be one of the main reasons I would want to locate there..

All the complaining from the landscapers that the costs would double lol and the town would crumble....

How are y'all making out? It must be heaven to be able to be outside and actually hear a bird chirp...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 11:02 AM

7,704 posts, read 12,540,083 times
Hi, you may need to contact the Palm Beach Daily News (the Shiny Sheet) or comment on it's facebook page to find out how the town is faring with the leaf blower ban. There aren't that many PB island residents on C-D. But you'll get more answers on the facebook page or contact the PB Daily News team and they'll tell you. From what I understand, they switched to electric blowers and it's been fine.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:08 AM

16,979 posts, read 21,620,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx313 View Post
Hi,

I'm considering a move to palm beach and am wondering how did everyone survive after the leafblower ban. It would be one of the main reasons I would want to locate there..

All the complaining from the landscapers that the costs would double lol and the town would crumble....

How are y'all making out? It must be heaven to be able to be outside and actually hear a bird chirp...
Palm Beach has bigger fears now, "THE PUBLIC" using their beach!
https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/s...ed/3855731001/

I simply laugh at the parody the town of Palm Beach has become. Why would anyone want to pay good money to live in such a miserable place? Its like a childcare facility, a military base and a HOA on steroids all rolled into one!

My grass is cut once every 10 days in the winter, the noise from the leaf blower is no worse than the mower/trimmers themselves. So by removing ONE piece of noise making equipment it is suddenly paradise?
I don't get how this even became an issue, its aging population likely has hearing issues anyway so how is this 15 minutes of leaf blowing ruining their day?

Old 12-09-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Palm Beach has bigger fears now, "THE PUBLIC" using their beach!
https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/s...ed/3855731001/

I simply laugh at the parody the town of Palm Beach has become. Why would anyone want to pay good money to live in such a miserable place? Its like a childcare facility, a military base and a HOA on steroids all rolled into one!

My grass is cut once every 10 days in the winter, the noise from the leaf blower is no worse than the mower/trimmers themselves. So by removing ONE piece of noise making equipment it is suddenly paradise?
I don't get how this even became an issue, its aging population likely has hearing issues anyway so how is this 15 minutes of leaf blowing ruining their day?
Gas leafblowers are much louder and ear piercing than a mower...they operate upwards of 110db with a low-frequency whine that easily penetrates you home and travels for miles. This is why it is such an issue.

I suppose it depends where you live and your proximity to other homes, the amount of people that use landscapers, private or HOA etc.

For instance folks that live in an HOA may only hear a landscaper once a week, on the same day. For others (where I am now) it is house to random house, on random day, from early March until late january the next year. Given the 1/2acre lots crammed together in tight neighborhoods, many trees, and the fact EVERYONE uses landscapers who try to bill for every service possible at all times, blowing rarely a leaf, mostly sand and debris down the street you have a daily hell. There is not a time I go outside my home Mon thru Sat (and partially sundays) that there is not a commercial team of multiple leafblowers going. If you think i'm exaggerating just come for a visit.

Think about it...there must be a reason something as drastic as a ban passed and is being pushed for in many places through the country.

Consider yourself VERY lucky it's not bad where you are.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Hi, you may need to contact the Palm Beach Daily News (the Shiny Sheet) or comment on it's facebook page to find out how the town is faring with the leaf blower ban. There aren't that many PB island residents on C-D. But you'll get more answers on the facebook page or contact the PB Daily News team and they'll tell you. From what I understand, they switched to electric blowers and it's been fine.
Thank you

Old 12-10-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Gas leafblowers are much louder and ear piercing than a mower...they operate upwards of 110db with a low-frequency whine that easily penetrates you home and travels for miles. This is why it is such an issue.

I suppose it depends where you live and your proximity to other homes, the amount of people that use landscapers, private or HOA etc.

For instance folks that live in an HOA may only hear a landscaper once a week, on the same day. For others (where I am now) it is house to random house, on random day, from early March until late january the next year. Given the 1/2acre lots crammed together in tight neighborhoods, many trees, and the fact EVERYONE uses landscapers who try to bill for every service possible at all times, blowing rarely a leaf, mostly sand and debris down the street you have a daily hell. There is not a time I go outside my home Mon thru Sat (and partially sundays) that there is not a commercial team of multiple leafblowers going. If you think i'm exaggerating just come for a visit.

Think about it...there must be a reason something as drastic as a ban passed and is being pushed for in many places through the country.

Consider yourself VERY lucky it's not bad where you are.

You do realize that most of the homes on Palm Beach are concrete block construction and have impact glass which will both significantly reduce noise.

When you google the question:

Gas-powered lawn mowers range from 82 to 90 decibels. Gas-powered leaf blowers make 80 to 92 decibels of racket.

Can't say one is much louder with those numbers.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:04 AM

71 posts, read 107,588 times
LOL, I'm sorry but they banned leaf blowers? Hahaha, I know it's not funny, sorry

Old 12-15-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You do realize that most of the homes on Palm Beach are concrete block construction and have impact glass which will both significantly reduce noise.

When you google the question:

Gas-powered lawn mowers range from 82 to 90 decibels. Gas-powered leaf blowers make 80 to 92 decibels of racket.

Can't say one is much louder with those numbers.
Gas leafblowers are upwards of 110db... you must remember most use old tired machinery which is even louder.

So your solution is hide inside your homes because of this ridiculous invention of machinery?

Old 12-15-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Gas leafblowers are upwards of 110db... you must remember most use old tired machinery which is even louder.

So your solution is hide inside your homes because of this ridiculous invention of machinery?
Stop.........

Leafblowers can be 110 db only if they ARE STRAPPED TO YOUR BACK!

at 50 ft they are about 65db.........and behind impact glass that is virtually unnoticeable.

Nobody on Palm Beach island is using old equipment, they are making crazy money over there and the equipment gets used year round so it wears out, nothing has a chance to get old!

Old 12-15-2020, 06:34 PM

11,936 posts, read 12,995,769 times
I'm in the restaurant business and don't get to bed until after midnight on most nights.

I live in a high rise with impact windows and those leaf blowers still wake me up at 8AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: