U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2020, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,180 times

Advertisements

I stay near Yamato and 441 in West Boca and in the last few years I've noticed something is different about the surrounding wild life and I want to find out if it's just my immediate area or was an ordinance passed that's affecting what I'm seeing?

About 5 years ago I would see plenty of Blue Jays, Cardinals, Doves, Grasshopper Sparrows, and Crows feed near my home throughout the year but nowadays not so much. I've probably seen them only a dozen times within the last two years whereas before I would wake up and enjoy my book and coffee in the back patio and can bank on seeing at least two of the different species feeding on any given day.

The squirrels are still feeding on my Avocado tree and I'll occassionally see them running accross the fence but even they're becoming rare. When I drive through my neighborhood I don't see nearly as many on others yard and scurrying accross the road.

Possums, I don't miss them however I found one dead in my yard about a month ago.

Iguanas, not a fan of those. I blocked one from entering and nesting in my yard by fixing an opening in the fence a week ago.

Lizards, I've always wondered what led to the explosion of the curly tailed ones. Now, even their population seems smaller now.

So these are just a few I've noticed, especially within the last 3yrs and it has me curious
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach