Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2020, 05:30 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times

Advertisements

We will be in Palm Beach from March 7-12, 2021 to check out the condo market, and will be staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites at 2870 S. Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach. We are a couple in our mid-fifties and not into the party scene at all. I booked this stay and then realized that this is probably peak spring break time in south Florida so now I am wondering if we should reschedule for February or later in April.

Is this area a big spring break destination? I have googled this, as it would also affect our decision on whether to purchase a condo there, but I can't find much information. I have also heard that some colleges are cancelling their spring break altogether in 2021 to stop people from congregating in crowds and spreading covid, but I'm not sure how many schools are actually doing this and if it would actually have a big effect on college kids coming to the beach.

Any information is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 02:44 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,716 times
February is too cold here, spring break is always a crowd disaster, so April is much better time.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:10 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
The Panhandle has replaced South Florida as a big Spring Break destination but just to be on the safe side, I would reschedule to either February or April. I see you're in Michigan and you probably would think that February is heavenly so I don't think the colder weather would bother you.

If you don't think you'd mind the weather, and want to get a taste for what the area would be like with snowbirds and tourists in general, book in February. However, the snowbirds leave shortly after Easter/Passover so if you want to see what it's like when it's quieter, I would rebook for April.

I am in Gainesville but drive down to SFLA 3, 4 times a year to see clients (although COVID changed those plans this year). If you really want to take advantage of the best hotel rates, I would even book a few months later, such as June. The summer months are off-season and then you'll get a chance to experience Florida humidity in all its glory. It will give you a chance to see how much you can bear it. Some people from up north just can't, and others adapt and enjoy the AC.

And if you're looking for something on the beach, you'll see how much the ocean breezes affect temperature. Good luck! Exciting time for you and your family.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:55 AM

277 posts, read 773,207 times
Palm Beach isn't really a destination for college-aged kids. It's more of a high net worth kind of crowd.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:07 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. We actually ended up changing our destination to Naples, as i found a nice hotel in Old Naples for a comparable price and our adult son convinced us that we would probably love it there even more. We still plan to visit the Palm Beach area though, so all information is helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach