Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2021, 09:40 AM

37 posts, read 82,288 times

Advertisements

My husband and our two kids are looking to escape Illinois. We have several states to choose from but have to make a decision by tomorrow!!! Help me please, lol. One option is West Palm Beach. Our housing budget is $450-$750 and we are looking for good schools. 45 minute commute to Palm Beach Airport max.

Edit - we are looking for a single family home. Also, we like to bike to dinner, and would like at least 2500sf and a two car garage.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 07:37 AM

383 posts, read 282,551 times
Good public schools? probably NOT fla

Old 02-01-2021, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,528 times
2500sf $450-750??? Maybe somewhere in FL but not so fla, or I’m guessing 450k?

Old 02-27-2021, 12:09 AM

6 posts, read 8,325 times
Wellington Florida is the place if the budget is 350k+ with great Public schools 25 min drive to airport

Old 02-27-2021, 11:31 AM

981 posts, read 901,109 times
Jupiter, great public schools.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
Jupiter, great public schools.
Thanks. I think we are narrowing things down to Jupiter, Wellington, and Boca. The reason for Boca is future job opportunities for myself and my husband, seems like it could place us within commuting distance from Miami? The schools in Boca and Jupiter seem pretty good.

Could you tell me about the vibe of these three areas? We are not into uptight pretentious communities. With all of the CC in Boca, I get the feeling like it may be very pretentious. But at the same time, it comes recommended as very nice from a friend who has visited several times.

We like to take family bike rides to dinner, and dislike chain restaurants so access to a healthy independent restaurant scene would be nice.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:32 PM

981 posts, read 901,109 times
Yes, I would say the schools in Jupiter and Boca are on par - I think Wellington is good too but perhaps not quite as good as Boca and Jupiter. The vibes in the 3 places are very different. I'm from the Northeast, grew up in the Boston area then lived in Northern NJ. Of course FL is very different, but using the NE as an analogy, I would say Boca is NY/NJ, Wellington is CT and Jupiter is more like the Boston area. Boca has much more of a downtown area, so if you lived on the east side you could bike to dinner. Jupiter not so much. To me Jupiter is more outdoorsy with the parks and the beach feels more rustic. While both have big HOA communities, Boca just feels more country club and beach club. I much prefer the vibe of Jupiter to Boca, but if you were to call out a flaw it would be the lack of a downtown. We moved from East Delray, very close to Atlantic Ave, and I have to say I do miss the convenience and the restaurants. But for us it was becoming too touristy and built up like Fort Lauderdale, so we made the move to Jupiter. While Boca has a lot of families, Jupiter feels more family friendly to me. While we are out and about, we see a lot of kids riding bikes and spending time outdoors. While Jupiter would be considered a wealthy town (on par with Boca) the wealth here is much more low key. WRT to commute, Boca is definitely the most convenient, Jupiter is another 45 minutes north, and while Wellington isn't as far north as Jupiter, it is pretty far west. Although that being said, I can't imagine commuting to Miami on a daily basis - even from Boca. The traffic is fairly bad, although nothing like the Northeast, and it's an intense angry drive. I don't have a lot of input on Wellington, it wasn't an area we considered as we wanted to be closer to the beach. To your pretentiousness question, for me Boca is far more pretentious, but it is a very clean and well run city.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:36 AM

Thanks so much, this is very helpful!

Old 03-05-2021, 11:18 AM

11 posts, read 37,494 times
Most of the areas out west in Palm Beach County have pretty good schools. West Boca/Delray/Boynton/Lake Worth/Wellington all have really decent public school systems, but you do need to check individual schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach