U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 211 times

Advertisements

I currently live in North Carolina but I am looking to relocate to the Palm Beach area. Looking specifically at West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens or Delray Beach. I currently live in a suburban area but I want to get into a location that has people my age around. I’m a very professional person and I’m not really into partying, but I also do you want to be able to make friends and enjoy restaurants, etc. A lot of people keep telling me that Delray is a great place, but I just wanted to get others perspectives. Also what about West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 02:41 PM

806 posts, read 623,981 times
I just moved from East Delray to Jupiter. Delray is great and is becoming even more upscale, but I would say that it feels a lot more touristy than say West Palm Beach - it's also getting crazy expensive. I am a big fan of West Palm, we almost bought in the historic district, El Cid area. It feels more professional and less transient. PBG is great - super clean and well run, but there isn't a lot going on, and no real downtown. Same goes for Jupiter .

Old 03-05-2021, 10:17 PM

11 posts, read 5,102 times
Since you're 32, looking for people your age or younger(assuming women in particular) and single( another assumption) then definitely East Delray no question. Very active weekend/evening scene to the point of being a little overwhelming if you're only accustomed to suburban living. Arguably the best restaurant scene until you get to Miami.

I live in WPB - grew up here actually. It's definitely improving vastly and is the only city aside from Miami & Fort Lauderdale with a "true" downtown. Impressive to see it getting denser and attracting good employers and restaurants. Lots of activity and bustle on the 500 block these days!

Palm Beach Gardens is clean, well run, and fairly upscale with a nice mall - seeing Teslas and exotic cars is literally an every 10 minute occurrence. I actually work here (pre COVID...now fully remote). However if you have no children/family, no job here, and you're looking for some action, not the best fit, although there are lots of hot MILF types, and attractive "high maintenance" types running around.

You looking to rent or buy?

Old Today, 06:20 AM

11 posts, read 2,864 times
I have to agree with East Delray. Nice place for a single young male to meet other people. Unless you are sort of introverted, then it might not be your style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach