Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 11,240 times

Advertisements

We are looking at relocating from the NY/NJ area. The main concern/consideration around relocation is schools. I have heard that schools are not great in the area. We are considering Boca Raton, Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. Kids are 6, 4, 2 years old. Any guidance on public schools as well as private schools (Christian/Catholic and non-denominational) would be much appreciated! Also any guidance on towns or communities would be valuable. We are not golfers so that is not important to us but being in a family oriented community is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 06:33 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
What is your budget? The public schools in Boca Raton & Jupiter are generally well regarded. In Palm Beach Gardens, the middle and high schools, not as much.

Old 03-26-2021, 07:23 AM

3 posts, read 11,240 times
Sorry! Budget is $1-1.3MM. Thanks for the insight. if there are any specific private schools that are strong as well for younger children, would love feedback as well.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:12 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 1238 View Post
Sorry! Budget is $1-1.3MM. Thanks for the insight. if there are any specific private schools that are strong as well for younger children, would love feedback as well.
That’s a very good budget for Boca and Jupiter. You may get less house for your money in east Boca/Jupiter versus west Boca but overall, the schools are good in both of those cities. And actually west Boca (neighborhoods primarily west of the Florida Turnpike) is considered unincorporated Palm Beach County so with your budget I would look east of the Turnpike.

Old 03-27-2021, 11:01 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Benjamin thebenjaminschool.org in the gardens/north palm is well known to be a good private school. There are some nice neighborhoods nearby as well that will fit your budget without golf.
Alton is right next to the upper school for when they are a little older

Old 04-15-2021, 09:07 AM

22 posts, read 20,844 times
Default Boca Schools are Best

I moved down from NY in 2017 and I have a 4 year old entering kindergarten in a few months. That was my biggest concern moving down here from Nassau County, I knew the quality of schools wouldn't be the same. Luckily, we picked Boca which has some of the best schools in Palm Beach County as well as the the whole State of Florida. Parkland is a bit south of us, and despite the incident a few years ago they also have a really good school district there as well. Wellington may be worth a look, but I don't know it too well. I would recommend looking at Boca and Parkland for best schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach