U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 04:16 PM

525 posts, read 1,256,775 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I will preface this by saying I am from Long Island NY where everybody complains about the increased traffic and I never even really notice it. I have a house in PGA and I frequently play golf at Sandhill Crane Golf (Gardens Golf) on Northlake near Ibis.

When coming out of Sandhill Crane on Northlake I want to make the left and head back to PGA, the amount of cars I see going west is absolutely insane. There are so many back to back cars you can't make the left as there is no traffic light, and the closest traffic light is at Ibis which barely turns red allowing a continuous flow of westbound traffic. I eventually had to go right and make the U-Turn at Avenir.

So the reason for the post is simply, what's going on? Where are all these cars coming from? This was at 545pm so I get it there could be rush hour traffic. But I have owned here for six years now and I have never seen the amount of cars that I am seeing this far west.

- I know they are building Avenir, but that's no where close to being done. Seems like cars are going west towards Acerage/Loxahatchee.

- Have there been other major builds this far west in PBG that is seeing increased traffic?

- If you take Northlake to the end and make the left on Seminole Pratt and take that down you are in Wellington which is blue collar central so I get there may be plenty of people commuting for work. But....

- What has changed recently where even if people were going to Wellington that traffic has increased exponentially at this part of Northlake Blvd? I know Wellington is more of a middle class full time resident area. Are there a ton more population there now then say two years ago? And even if that's the case, Wellington has been pretty populated for a while now.

- I know post covid more people are moving down to Florida full time. But if that's the case are they really living that far west in the Acerage/Loxahatchee and also working in the Palm Beach Gardens area or are they working on other parts of the east coast and using Northlake Blvd as a through street to get to these parts west?

Curious minds want to know.

TIA
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 12:01 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,326,511 times
Maybe it’s due to that new master planned city, Westlake, by Minto? I have clients that live in Loxahatchee and the big city life is catching up to that area.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:52 AM

83 posts, read 52,492 times
Wellington is middle class?

Old 04-16-2021, 02:13 PM

12,529 posts, read 11,945,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo1 View Post
Wellington is middle class?
Thats what I was wondering, we were just down there for a week....

Old 04-17-2021, 04:52 AM

12,869 posts, read 15,232,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ave1024 View Post

So the reason for the post is simply, what's going on? Where are all these cars coming from? This was at 545pm so I get it there could be rush hour traffic. But I have owned here for six years now and I have never seen the amount of cars that I am seeing this far west.

- I know they are building Avenir, but that's no where close to being done. Seems like cars are going west towards Acerage/Loxahatchee.

- Have there been other major builds this far west in PBG that is seeing increased traffic?

Curious minds want to know.

TIA
Why not head out west and see where they are all going?

Traffic has always been crazy on Northlake, Ibis is the first thing out there (west of Beeline) and the new construction is only going to make it worse.

Also as a heads up Wellington is not blue collar, Greenacres/Lake Worth/Royal Palm Beach would be but Welly world no.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:48 AM

83 posts, read 52,492 times
Too bad, Royal Palm Beach sounds so upper class.

Old 04-17-2021, 03:57 PM

12,869 posts, read 15,232,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo1 View Post
Too bad, Royal Palm Beach sounds so upper class.
Hint: Palm Beach is the uber rich, so anything playing off that isn't uber rich (Royal Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, etc)

Old Today, 08:50 AM

525 posts, read 1,256,775 times
https://ongardens.org/2021/05/10/abu...ill-stoplight/

Seems like I am not the only person that has noticed this intersection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach