Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 10:23 AM

53 posts, read 60,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
North Florida definitely is more down to earth than South Florida, at least from my experience. We’re in Gainesville and the top private school here is Oak Hall. It is hot in the summer though. Lots of trees that provide shade but July, August and September consist of days with high temps and humidity.

Thank you! Actually it looks really nice and the schools seems as well. How do you find people there? Is it easy to meet new people? Is there a community feel like people help each other or neighbours talking to teach other etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 10:46 AM

17,414 posts, read 22,161,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
No.

I find the comments here re: Boca to be incredibly harsh and fairly inaccurate. Yes, Boca has its flashy people - of course, it’s one of the wealthiest enclaves in the country. It also has a ton of middle and working class families as well. There are plenty of mansions, but also lots of condos, lots of townhomes, and even some low income public housing. The grocery store line could be a billionaire, a struggling widow, and a homeless person buying a bottle of water at the same time. Boca is *not* uniformly wealthy, and it is hardly as unfriendly as people here are alleging. It’s a beautiful, well rounded suburb with phenomenal public schools, and some of the best private schools in the world.

I would suggest east Boca over west Boca for you (within the city limits, and not unincorporated). That’s where you’ll find the most diverse crowd, both economically and racially. Western Boca is more gated and isolated communities, albeit beautiful.

.Highly highly recommend Boca, especially if you want good private schools. Take a visit.

Other areas of FL I’d suggest for families looking for good schools: Lakewood Ranch, Parrish, Sarasota (definitely go private school here) and Venice.
I'd say the comments are spot on but would add you didn't mention the "attitude" that is so prevalent. The "thousandaires" are abundant and it is the middle income folks that are usually the worst......gated community (push button gate, not manned), leased 4 cylinder BMW and credit card financing on everything else but they tell everyone how great "Bocur" is.

Public schools are good (Billionaire Ken Griffin graduated from Boca High).
Private schools.........ehh, Saint Andrews is the best Boca has but I'd rank Pine Crest Ft Lauderdale better.

To me, East Boca (east of US1 is the best part southern Palm Beach county). The country clubs are sad, the HOA/condo perfectionist communities are simply a punchline (Seinfeld loved "Del Boca Vista") and anything near 441 is hell. Drive down Yamato/Glades/Palmetto and there is simply one bad subdivision after another.

Did Estancia, New Floresta, Boca Bath and Tennis or Timbercreek/Millpond ever look good? Broken Sound/Boca West/Boca Grove ever worth living in? The 441 communities like Stonebridge, Boca Woods/Greens were all step-children of the country club set and once they forced membership on the residents it simply crushed the resale values of the older homes. Drive down 441 in west Boca and you might as well be in Coral Springs or Boynton Beach, chain stores galore and one strip mall after another.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:42 PM

21,659 posts, read 31,293,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I'd say the comments are spot on but would add you didn't mention the "attitude" that is so prevalent. The "thousandaires" are abundant and it is the middle income folks that are usually the worst......gated community (push button gate, not manned), leased 4 cylinder BMW and credit card financing on everything else but they tell everyone how great "Bocur" is.

Public schools are good (Billionaire Ken Griffin graduated from Boca High).
Private schools.........ehh, Saint Andrews is the best Boca has but I'd rank Pine Crest Ft Lauderdale better.

To me, East Boca (east of US1 is the best part southern Palm Beach county). The country clubs are sad, the HOA/condo perfectionist communities are simply a punchline (Seinfeld loved "Del Boca Vista") and anything near 441 is hell. Drive down Yamato/Glades/Palmetto and there is simply one bad subdivision after another.

Did Estancia, New Floresta, Boca Bath and Tennis or Timbercreek/Millpond ever look good? Broken Sound/Boca West/Boca Grove ever worth living in? The 441 communities like Stonebridge, Boca Woods/Greens were all step-children of the country club set and once they forced membership on the residents it simply crushed the resale values of the older homes. Drive down 441 in west Boca and you might as well be in Coral Springs or Boynton Beach, chain stores galore and one strip mall after another.
Re: attitudes and thousandaires, eh, we don’t know anyone’s financial situation. Sure they exist, but that’s true for any wealthy community anywhere.

I do find all of the communities you mentioned to be beautiful, one of my favorites being Boca Bath. If they weren’t desirable or aesthetically pleasing, people wouldn’t spend millions to live there.

As for strip malls, that’s not really “Boca Raton”. That’s unincorporated Palm Beach County. When I say “Boca”, I mean the city of Boca Raton. I noticed a lot on this forum cannot differentiate (not you, specifically) when it’s a pretty big difference, especially in reference to tax rates, services, etc. City of Boca Raton services are A rated compared to almost anywhere. That’s not [as] true in unincorporated West Boca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach