Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 03:56 PM

117 posts, read 173,915 times

Advertisements

Phone calls and buckets of tears I need to speak to intellectual disabilities for Jupiter my adult daughter has a good waiver in PA . she has a life threatening illness and autism and multi disabled led and FL says they don’t transfer . They say we have to start from scratch establish residency and then go on 7 yr wait list!! She needs to be with my son and family she will one day live with them . They do help with. critical need so I am going to all her doctors for letters this is so unfair . So hard to believe special needs is so bad in Florida any other suggestions we are seniors too and waiting so long to be with my son and family I’m heart broken and can’t stop crying Ive waited years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 02:31 PM

17,377 posts, read 22,137,311 times
99% sure in your other threads that you can't afford Jupiter anyway (300K budget).

Rules are rules, stay in PA and get the help your daughter needs up there.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:47 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,254,342 times
has your son even moved to Florida yet? In your other threads you say he is going to move. Maybe he shouldn't move to Florida if you need him up north. Just sayin'

Old 04-21-2022, 10:13 AM

cityguy997S you read my post and you tell me rules are rules? Dont you think FL should be helping the weakest in our society? You don’t know my life , I could live with my son who can afford it , FL hopefully will try to improve their resources for special needs people people should not have to start all over and that long of a wait list shows there is much to do in improving things in FL I was shocked as you have the highest senior population and I’m sure many have chronic conditions and could use assistance. I only hope you were trying to help because it appears the north does have better services just Rules are rules is very heartless

Old 04-22-2022, 06:14 AM

17,377 posts, read 22,137,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieCountryGirl1 View Post
cityguy997S you read my post and you tell me rules are rules? Dont you think FL should be helping the weakest in our society? You don’t know my life , I could live with my son who can afford it , FL hopefully will try to improve their resources for special needs people people should not have to start all over and that long of a wait list shows there is much to do in improving things in FL I was shocked as you have the highest senior population and I’m sure many have chronic conditions and could use assistance. I only hope you were trying to help because it appears the north does have better services just Rules are rules is very heartless

You are all over the place:

You have a 300K budget which won't go far in Jupiter.

You are going to live with your son yet he hasn't moved to Florida

You are upset that Florida won't help your child, YET YOU DON'T LIVE IN FLORIDA!

So rules are rules! Not heartless

Old 04-22-2022, 10:51 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,254,342 times
You and your family should probably stay where you are in PA.

Florida doesn't seem to be a good place for you or your family.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:52 AM

To City Guy 997S
You are a very rude person Are you aware that people work remotely and then move to other states If a special needs person is dependent on their waiver it should move with them . we are not all over the place We lived in FL yrs ago and went back home because we miss family . I am trying to get my family together . If you have nothing to do but insult me then don’t speak to me inam about positivity not negativity

Old 05-06-2022, 11:18 AM

3,263 posts, read 3,219,333 times
I don’t think City Guy was negative. He is just being realistic and honest. As for Florida’s social services, I can see how the funds for these programs wouldn’t be as plentiful as in the northern states. We don’t have a state income tax. Our lower taxes is one of many reasons that Florida is attractive to retirees.

Also, are you sure you’d even be happy in Florida? It doesn’t seem like you would be from the post below.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/harr...treatment.html

Old 05-06-2022, 12:44 PM

Wiz rap - I want my daughter to be with my granddaughter and we all love each other it’s not that I love anywhere , it’s a tragedy when grandparents can’t be with their grandchildren and my daughter loves them very much there is no perfect place I have 2 yrs to decide we could also just be snowbirds . My son may be able to help us financially . Without the waiver we are living on social security I think Gov Scott refused Medicaid money he was offered which is what FL agency told me , and that caused a big problem for special needs people I have a severely disabled child , all states should have money for this population we have time and hopefully help from family but taking away a waiver is not good for these children We have 855 billion dollars for one country in Foreign aid though . if you were me you would be very upset about that . Thank you In my opinion City Guy was rude with all the capital letters in his post . I say walk a mile in my shoes......

Old 05-06-2022, 12:48 PM

Lilli 767 my daughter I law wants to go there she has a business degree and very good job I want my daughter to be with my granddaughter. I have lived in FL before , and not crazy about very hot weather but love my family we have time to decide I love Long Island but the taxes are outrageous no one retired is moving there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
View detailed profiles of: