Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 06:11 AM

1,047 posts, read 725,902 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have not spent time in Boyton so this is just an idea if Delray is not attainable. I have googled no hoa or low (under $200).
I find it silly to need the whole "scene" when there are a tons of golf courses and the beach not in a community! When I google, of course, the realtors have it on lockdown and you cannot find this answer and I am on the other side of the US today. Yes, I've seen a few shocking places/homes with no hoa hence a low one being more ideal.

Thank you if you have any suggestions. ;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 09:26 AM

20 posts, read 27,542 times
Most real estate search websites have filters when you search where you can select HOA dues amount.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:52 PM

276 posts, read 145,950 times
Zillow and other sites let you filter by no HOA or by a certain HOA dollar amount. Most homes around here are in HOAs though. You might find small clusters of older communities that are not in an HOA and also some stuff east by the rail roads tracks.

That being said I don't know your budget or needs, but not all HOAs are bad, a lot are but some are less bad than others. For example our HOA is around $280/mo but it includes cable tv and internet which some people spend $150+ on. It's also gated and we have never had any issues in the 12 years we have been here. We have had packages left on our front door for weeks and they were never even touched. Meanwhile I see package thief's and peoples car getting broken into on a daily basis on FB and Nextdoor. You also get the pool and tennis courts and stuff like that which I have personally never used.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:51 AM

Thumbs down good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Zillow and other sites let you filter by no HOA or by a certain HOA dollar amount. Most homes around here are in HOAs though. You might find small clusters of older communities that are not in an HOA and also some stuff east by the rail roads tracks.

That being said I don't know your budget or needs, but not all HOAs are bad, a lot are but some are less bad than others. For example our HOA is around $280/mo but it includes cable tv and internet which some people spend $150+ on. It's also gated and we have never had any issues in the 12 years we have been here. We have had packages left on our front door for weeks and they were never even touched. Meanwhile I see package thief's and peoples car getting broken into on a daily basis on FB and Nextdoor. You also get the pool and tennis courts and stuff like that which I have personally never used.
HI,

You have a lot for that rate. When I say low hoa I am thinking under 300.00
Yours sounds great. I wasn't certain due to how they word it in the ads they really pay for cable and internet. Good to know that is real. If you feel like DMing me the name of your community I will look. I see so many btn 800 to 1100.00 a month and that is insane. My goal is to be at the beach but I do like the sound of that cable and internet. My job requires me to have a speed of at least 100. Thank you for writing.
And to all that say zillow has a spot to put in how much I'll spend I may not see it due to cell. Need to be on pc more.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:02 PM

276 posts, read 145,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
HI,

You have a lot for that rate. When I say low hoa I am thinking under 300.00
Yours sounds great. I wasn't certain due to how they word it in the ads they really pay for cable and internet. Good to know that is real. If you feel like DMing me the name of your community I will look. I see so many btn 800 to 1100.00 a month and that is insane. My goal is to be at the beach but I do like the sound of that cable and internet. My job requires me to have a speed of at least 100. Thank you for writing.
And to all that say zillow has a spot to put in how much I'll spend I may not see it due to cell. Need to be on pc more.
If you want to be on the beach I'm assuming you are looking at a condo or have many millions to spend and HOAs would be of no concern at that point. If you are looking at condos that is a different story. I live in a single family home and HOAs are significantly lower than in condos where they have up keep of the building. Still you typically need to talk to the realtor to find out what all is included in the HOA fee. I've never heard of a condo WITHOUT an HOA fee as someone needs to pay to maintain the building.

Zillow allows filtering by max hoa on the mobile app. At least on the iphone version.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
If you want to be on the beach I'm assuming you are looking at a condo or have many millions to spend and HOAs would be of no concern at that point. If you are looking at condos that is a different story. I live in a single family home and HOAs are significantly lower than in condos where they have up keep of the building. Still you typically need to talk to the realtor to find out what all is included in the HOA fee. I've never heard of a condo WITHOUT an HOA fee as someone needs to pay to maintain the building.

Zillow allows filtering by max hoa on the mobile app. At least on the iphone version.
Lol. True, if I were to be on the beach I'd not care about hoa and only recall mansions on the beach. I meant my goal is to use the beach a few miles away more than all the stuff in the condos. I do prefer home or townhouse over actual condo. Good to know I need to find that over the condos for less hoas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach